:sunrise: CanJam SoCal 2016 (March 19-20, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #752 of 1,119

go watch the link that joe posted. I feel like purchasing one of the models already
beyersmile.png

thanks @joe !

I watched the Noble part just now. Oh great, since I am working the Noble booth I have to semi get up to speed again. Mostly just get use to the names, drivers are the same with some tuning. Its funny the colors they have, I have been saying they need to make blue for a while now.

Mar 15, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #753 of 1,119

This explains a lot.

I'm a physical guy, yet, this is about the most physical you're gonna get in the audio field. Most of the time... (you know who you are).

Some members call this the "Head-Fi Gang Sign" - well, I'm not affiliated with a gang, so I'll just call this a demonstration of the Head-Fi Collaborative Gesticulation, or CG for short. :normal_smile :

Looking forward to meeting with new faces and catching up with familiar friends as well!

Mar 15, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #754 of 1,119
I'm a physical guy, yet, this is about the most physical you're gonna get in the audio field. Most of the time... (you know who you are).

Some members call this the "Head-Fi Gang Sign" - well, I'm not affiliated with a gang, so I'll just call this a demonstration of the Head-Fi Collaborative Gesticulation, or CG for short.
normal_smile .gif

Looking forward to meeting with new faces and catching up with familiar friends as well!

Wait, you use to wrestle. 
wink_face.gif

Mar 15, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #755 of 1,119
Mar 15, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #758 of 1,119
You told me that at the show in Nov.

If I did, I would have mentioned more, but maybe it wasn't picked up. No worries, though.

I still wrestle.

Just got back from the NCAA DIII Wrestling Championships in Iowa this past weekend, and my student-wrestler I coached in HS wound up becoming the National runner-up. Very happy for him, and he has two more years to become champion, since he is only a sophomore.

I'm the one taking pictures on my phone (3rd from left)

Celebrating to crowd after first round win

National Semifinals

Celebrating to crowd after semifinal win

National runner-up trophy in my hand

Mar 15, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #759 of 1,119
Mar 15, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #760 of 1,119

To earn one of these spots, simply:

• Post in this thread that you would like one of the audition spots for yourself (no proxies please).
  • Please mention the best tube amp that you heard to date.

That’s it!  If there are more than 20 takers, we’ll randomly select 20 of you, and post the list here in this thread no later than Friday night!

Yes, of course, you are more than welcome to bring your own headphones and music for these audition spots.  :)

Hi @warrenpchi

For the love of God, yes! Please save me an audition spot.

The best tube amp I've heard to date was a Woo WA-5 - but all too briefly at a meet.

Carry on! 

Mar 15, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #762 of 1,119
More noob questions...

Will there be an area or desk or whatever to find head-fi'ers interested in buying or selling gear? How does that work? Or just mingle?

If I missed it in this oh-so-brief thread, my heartfelt apologies. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #764 of 1,119
Wondering how to bring my HD800's on the plane.

The default right now is to bring it in the original box in a roll aboard. Won't leave room for much else, but extra underwear is overrated anyway, right? 
smile.gif

Mar 15, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #765 of 1,119
  More noob questions...

Will there be an area or desk or whatever to find head-fi'ers interested in buying or selling gear? How does that work? Or just mingle?

If I missed it in this oh-so-brief thread, my heartfelt apologies. 
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW, if anyone has a portable headphone amp or an ODAC they wanna sell and bring to CanJam, I might be looking...

PM me 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back