:sunrise: CanJam SoCal 2016 (March 19-20, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #106 of 1,119
Last Can Jam I thought there was going to be spillover into that other room for people who wanted to bring their gear and have a mini meet. It never happened and I left my Theta and other gear in a box in the corner and later Amos brought pizza into that room. So please don't advertise this year that there will be a place for members to demo their own gear or have a "mini meet" cause the past Can Jam no one was watching that room and I was worried about my gear that I transported 200 miles to the show for no apparent reason. If there is going to be an extra place for people to have a mini meet either advertise it with a sign or don't post it at all. /endrant

Otherwise I would gladly sign up for the "member's showcase" that included Bill P and Purrin's gear.

Nov 22, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #107 of 1,119

Just promise them your soul.

LOL

Just send @third_eye a pm about volunteering at CanJam SoCal. I volunteered at the last CanJam SoCal and will be volunteering again for this upcoming one~

Looking forward to seeing you again Alan!
  I want a t-shirt, I am already going to be slave driven from Brannan at the Noble booth.

We'll be sure to make more T-Shirts this time!
  Looking forward to seeing everyone and hearing everything!

Looking forward to seeing you again Dean!
  Enjoyed the 2015 event.  Hope Beyer will be there in 2016.

Yep, pretty sure they will be there!

Nov 22, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #108 of 1,119
I'm so glad that 2016 will be held on a different weekend than 2015. Last year the hotel also had all the trainers from "BootCamp", and I'm pretty sure that most of them can beat most of us up!

Not the type of group that we would want to challenge to a group tug-o-war. Especially the women! 
redface.gif
 They would crush us like little grapes. "I crush you…I crush you"! 

Nov 22, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #109 of 1,119
Last Can Jam I thought there was going to be spillover into that other room for people who wanted to bring their gear and have a mini meet. It never happened and I left my Theta and other gear in a box in the corner and later Amos brought pizza into that room. So please don't advertise this year that there will be a place for members to demo their own gear or have a "mini meet" cause the past Can Jam no one was watching that room and I was worried about my gear that I transported 200 miles to the show for no apparent reason. If there is going to be an extra place for people to have a mini meet either advertise it with a sign or don't post it at all. /endrant

Otherwise I would gladly sign up for the "member's showcase" that included Bill P and Purrin's gear.

Well, it looks like I will bring just portable gear, as I am fine with most of the stuff I have.

Nov 26, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #111 of 1,119
CANT WAIT for CanJam SoCal 2016!!!

Bumpin' my new Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon after a sweet Turkey Day w/ @russtafarian and his family...

Runnin':

MacBook Pro SSD/Amarra Symphony + Amarra-for-TIDAL as sources
Nordost Heimdall2 USB
Questyle Audio CAS192 DAC (balanced - via DHC XLR leads)
Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon
Audeze LCD-2F
MrSpeakers ETHER-C

Thinkin' bout bringin' this system to the Meet at CanJam SoCal!
and psyched to kick it w/ some fellow Head-Fiers and check out new kit...

We even brought the Carbon along for the family to check out during the Thanksgiving fesitivities!

Along w/ my MrSpeakers ETHER-Cs, Russ's Pono Player for source (w/ balanced adapters for balanced input and output), Nordost Heimdall2 power cord and Double Helix Cables headphones leads - 4-pin:

Nov 27, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #113 of 1,119
Michael,

"CANT WAIT for CanJam SoCal 2016!!!

Bumpin' my new Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon after a sweet Turkey Day w/ @russtafarian and his family..."

Cool gear, cooler family. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving! Great thanks to you, the Russtafarian family, and all of the Head-Fi brethren!

See you at CanJam, too!

Dean

Nov 29, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #114 of 1,119
Wish it wasn't so far SE (I'm in Santa Monica..), but I'll try to make it..!

Nov 30, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #116 of 1,119

Wish it wasn't so far SE (I'm in Santa Monica..), but I'll try to make it..!

I am up in Santa Clarita, and drove it last year. It is not that bad of a drive on the weekend.

Get a group together, come in one car split the costs, come on kids, do I have to teach you everything? 
wink_face.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back