Sunglasses and other eye wear
May 2, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #46 of 50
I'm currently using Rudy Project glasses. My cycling team gets sponsored by them so we get the glasses (and helmets) on the cheap.

I usually use the Ekynox:

silver.jpg

for on-bike wear and the Tythan:

titanium_red.gif

for casual wear. Both are very comfortable and my ekynoxes even convert into goggles for winter riding (because frozen eyeballs suck a lot).

May 3, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #47 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by JensL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me, nothing compares to real, quality glass, and no one does this better than Serengeti.

I've used Serengetis for years, and couldn't be happier.
Now I've got a pair with the Strata400-lens, which is quite advanced, and the optical quality is amazing. The polarizing/anti-glare really works.
Very sturdy frames, and they generally got a classy feel.

Here's a few examples:

sunglassesgiant_1996_400014024

sunglassesgiant_1996_45768480

1113-10002798.jpg

i agree.. I still have a pair of serengeti vermillon rose lens from 1994 which i cant wear because of my prescription. i wore those for 3 straight years. Serengeti are unbelievable lens. I am looking for prescription sunglasses and it looks like maui jim are the pair im gonna get because they are the most user friendly of the bunch when it comes to making the glasses.. PLus serengeti has been sold like 3 times since i bought those pair that i LOVED. WIsh theys old them at sunglass hut again.

May 3, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #48 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oakley Half-Jackets. They're an older model, but feature changeable lenses and are a great fit! I'd still be wearing mine if I hadn't lost them... argh!
mad.gif

EDIT:

DSC02961.jpg

The Bathys and the Beast (Bathys 100 Fathoms UV PVD and the Citizen Eco-Zilla 300m Prodiver)
DSC02767.jpg

My Glycine Combat SUB Auto, since sold, and dearly missed.
frown.gif

45356445ab069.jpg

My other pair of Oakley's - Why 8.0's.

that is a sweet watch the bathys.. BUt i cannot for the life of me bring myself to but a watch for more than 100 bucks although i can afford it. But its sweet..

May 4, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #50 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by rainking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still have a pair of serengeti vermillon rose lens from 1994 which i cant wear because of my prescription. i wore those for 3 straight years. Serengeti are unbelievable lens. I am looking for prescription sunglasses and it looks like maui jim are the pair im gonna get because they are the most user friendly of the bunch when it comes to making the glasses.. PLus serengeti has been sold like 3 times since i bought those pair that i LOVED. WIsh theys old them at sunglass hut again.

Long ago (~20 years) I had a pair of Serengeti prescription glasses with the Vermillion lenses; they were great but I destroyed them skiing. I think you'll be very happy with Maui Jim -- they are the best sunglasses I've ever used. I think their polarized (which all their lenses are) lenses are the best; very non-fatiguing in harsh light conditions. I'm looking forward to my new prescription ones.

I'm still considering what to do for a driving pair of glasses. I might get the Serengetis made with the prescription polarized lenses even though the astigmatism correction will be slightly too low (-1.00 vs. -1.25). I doubt I'll notice, but I'll have to get the optometrist to OK it. If I'm going to get sunglasses made, I really want to get polarized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back