SUN POISONING!!!
Aug 4, 2007 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

no1likesme

1000+ Head-Fier
The purpose of this thread is not to complain but just to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

I went to an amusement park on Wednesday, august 1st and I got a very severe sunburn. I have been unable to sleep since then due to very intense pain and extreme nausea and vomiting. I used spf 45 sunblock twice and stayed in the shade as much as possible. Now as a "ginger" (red hair, fair skin, and freckles) I am no stranger to sunburn, but I have never felt this horrible for this long.

has anyone else had sun poisoning?

Aug 4, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #2 of 17
I have not, but I have known others who have. I do have an allergy to the sun, so of coarse my plan of action was to move from Alaska to Texas. Ain't I brilliant? It's quite controllable with medication however.

Aug 4, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #3 of 17
Yes, I've had it.

It happened on an area of my leg, the doctor said it was a 3rd-degree burn. I couldn't sleep at all because it was so painful. I was told to apply some sort of aloe gel to the burn before sleeping. It worked very good, but I had to apply it again halfway through the night.

It's like this:

%7BD3C02CD8-84A1-4ADE-977E-C677F7F8FF12%7D_Aloe_Vera_Gel.jpg

Maybe you could try that.

smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The purpose of this thread is not to complain but just to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

I went to an amusement park on Wednesday, august 1st and I got a very severe sunburn. I have been unable to sleep since then due to very intense pain and extreme nausea and vomiting. I used spf 45 sunblock twice and stayed in the shade as much as possible. Now as a "ginger" (red hair, fair skin, and freckles) I am no stranger to sunburn, but I have never felt this horrible for this long.

has anyone else had sun poisoning?

Yes , I've had ' sun poisoning ' . Twice when I was in my teens. The second time was the worst as I started to get some pretty bad hallucinations with it as well.......maybe you still have that bit to come. Just drink massive amounts of water and take powdered rehydration stuff ....... and try not to move too much (unless needed for vomiting purposes ).

Aug 4, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #6 of 17
Since I am half Asian I dont get sunburn easily. When I was skiing at Mt Hood a few weeks ago they told me to use sunscreen because it is a "High UV Zone", but I only used sunscreen for a day, and I was out all day. Didnt get sunburn once while there.

Aug 4, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #7 of 17
Yes I've had it and it is not fun at all, when I was younger I went to a friends pool party and didn't use any sun screen. Needless to say I was outside almost all day, that night I started throwing up, had bad chills and a fever. The next morning my skin had black splotches everywhere, I was sick for well over a week. I learned my lesson to never go with out sun screen again
icon10.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #8 of 17
The worst time I've had with sunburn was, somewhat perversely, NOT the worst sunburn I've ever had. The problem was I got burnt pretty much all over (save for the swimming-costume area) and then a day or two later, before it started to peel, I was running around and got hot. The sweat bubbled up under the layer of about-to-peel skin, and looked and felt utterly freaky. Needless to say, I was not amused.

Other than that, I managed to get my chest burnt the other day, reading a book in the sun for just half an hour... grrr... poxy british weather, unpredictable... grumble grumble...

Aug 5, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #9 of 17
Yeah I been there. Sun poisoning sucks. I had severe sunburn, but the worst was the tops of my feet and the backs of my knees. I couldn't move for days, couldn't wear shoes or socks, and was generally miserable for a week or more. Add nausea etc. to that and it's no picnic.

GAD

Aug 5, 2007 at 9:58 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds a bit like mild sun stroke.

x2 That's what I was thinking.

Aug 5, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would have my skin checked too. Skin cancer is thriving these days.

I was planning on this already. Pretty much anyone in my family gets some form of cancer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back