Summing up <$200
Jun 15, 2010 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

blazingwheels

New Head-Fier
after doing some readings around and all, I pretty much summed up to the final 3 i'm looking at.

Mainly: Swan's m10, M audio's av30, M audio's av40.

As I haven't heard any of them, i have no idea how they sound.( and they've been getting good reviews around ).

as previously mentioned, i'll be connecting the speakers to my macbook pro for private music listening, and maybe some movies and gaming at times. I'm particular about the soundstage and I listen to a lot of acoustic, classicals and some rock at times. 

As the prices of the speakers are about $200,$140,$200 respectively(i reside in Australia), which would be the most recommended pair? Is the av40 worth the extra bucks from av30 just for music enjoyment? 

I'm no one really particular about specs, just a musician who wants to appreciate good music :) Thanks :)

Jun 19, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #3 of 4
I haven't heard any of the speakers you mentioned personally, but when I was looking for a pair of 2.0 speakers, I asked the same questions. From what members on here have said, the AV30's lack a lot of bass, with the AV40's providing a little more. The Swans provide the most bass due to its' dedicated subwoofer.

This may or may not affect your decision, but if you chose to get a sub later for the M-Audios, it will add to the cost of the system. After researching a lot, I decided to raise my budget and get the Audioengine A2's which I like, but needed to buy a subwoofer for later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back