summer tours
Jun 29, 2002 at 5:02 AM Post #16 of 24
Kelly:

I mentioned Tony Butler because of his previous bass work with Pete (Empy Glass, All the Best Cowboys).

Chris Squire: an incredible talent but a very different style of playing than Entwhistle. BTW: the only member of Yes that's been with every iteration of the band.

How about Les Claypool??

How about Flea??

Bruce

Jul 1, 2002 at 8:15 PM Post #17 of 24
The Who did announce who's taking over on bass -- some British session player, I think.

I'm still working on finding someone I know who likes Rush so I can hit that show late this summer. Other than that, I'm probably going to see Nickelback and some other good acts (including Jerry Cantrell of Alice in Chains, Tommy Lee, and Local H, the best two-man band I've ever heard) next week. The Sammy/Diamond Dave show might be interesting. I'll be back in DC by the time The Who and Robert Plant roll into town. ...

kerelybonto

Jul 1, 2002 at 8:27 PM Post #18 of 24
For whatever it's worth, everyone I've talked to who saw Sammy and David in Dallas said Sammy was awesome and David was an overthehill has been. This is pretty much what I expected.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sammy was great when I saw him solo about four years ago and great when I saw him in 89 with Van Halen.

Jul 1, 2002 at 9:19 PM Post #20 of 24
Kind of a funny thing, but... I like old Sammy Hagar and old Van Halen both better than the newer Van Halen with Sammy singing.

Jul 1, 2002 at 9:28 PM Post #21 of 24
The Allman Brothers are touring this summer.
On guitar is Warren Haynes (former ABB, and current Gov't. Mule member), and Derek Trucks is the other guitar player.
Both guys are amazing. I saw a show recently. Pretty amazing stuff.
Derek Trucks is the second coming of Duane Allman.
Also on the bill with the ABB is Phil Lesh and Friends. On guitar is Warren Haynes, and Jimmy Herring. Jimmy is one of the most underrated guitarists out there.
In select markets Derek Trucks Band is the opener.

If you like great musicians, nice long sets. This is your show.

Jul 2, 2002 at 6:23 PM Post #22 of 24
kelly, so do I. Some of Sammy's solo stuff is great (e.g., "I Can't Drive 55"), as is a lot of old Van Halen. But there's hardly anything I like from the Sammy days of Van Halen. "Jump" is the worst song ever.

Anyone know about Goldfinger or Coal Chamber shows? I've heard a little music from each that I've liked, but not enough to know if I'd really like to see the band. Both coming through in a couple weeks.

kerelybonto

Jul 2, 2002 at 8:53 PM Post #23 of 24
Ugg...I noticed aerosmith was going on tour some time. Their new stuff makes me want to vomit. They should quit while they are ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back