suggestions??
Feb 6, 2007 at 7:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Steve_72

500+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I'm pretty new to the audio scene, and decided to delve into some more serious audio gear. I'm coming from a pair of ratty Shure e2c's and "sigh" some Bose Triports
frown.gif
. Now, the Triports don't seem all that bad to me, they actually sound pretty good, probably because I haven't compared them to any other cans. However, after lurking around this site, it seems I'm seriously missing out. I spend alot of my time listening to music from my ipod, and thought a more respectable pair of headphones would be a good investment. However, I'm kind of limited on funds right now, and think I can spring for only one set that will be my primary all-around, every-day use phones. I really like the portability of my e2c's and their isolation but don't know if I'll be missing out on sound quality or sound stage and should get a pair of full-sized closed cans. I've decided to spring about $300 on one set of high-quality phones. I was thinking about the Shure e4c's for an IEM since I was quite found of the e2c's, or perhaps the ATH-A900's as a headphone ( I know it's probably the worst for portability but I've heard stellar things about it). I guess I'm looking for sound quality>isolation>portability. I listen to mostly Rock, classical, and jazz. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back