Suggestions
Feb 1, 2007 at 6:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Vity0k

New Head-Fier
Hi, i am looking for some suggestions

i got about 200$ to spend for my audio configurations.
i am looking into new headphone, amp or sound blaster.

right now i have the following configurations:

home : Grado SR-80 >> PA2V2 >> (Nvidia Soundstorm sound blaster) most of my music is in lossless formats.

portable : (Koss the Plug & Etymotic ER4 Noise Isolation tip hybrid) >> iAudio U2 1GB

maybe you can suggest where i should invest my money?
* i thought about new in-canal headphones

thanks

Feb 1, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #2 of 9
New IEM's might be nice.

Feb 1, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #3 of 9
I agree that IEMs might be in order in your case. Do you want isolation? Based on the isolating tips on your hybrid Plugs (Plugomotics?), why not get the Ety ER4's? You're already used to one of the fittings (I prefer foamies for IEMs, but your mileage may vary), and the clarity and isolation should make for impressive sound and great portability with your iAudio flash player.

[Edit: Before people try to scare you off the Ety's due to their alledged lack of bass, remember how customizable the EQ and bass are with your iAudio player ... this isn't a case of an iPod owner not liking the "thin" bass of Etymotics -- you've got the ability to tweak the sound the way you want it.]

Feb 1, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #4 of 9
thanks for the replies.

at the moment i use Koss The plug. it has some nice bass. and i realy like bass. i listen to electronic/psy/trance/new age/ambient/dance/pop music.

maybe there is some other alternative to ER4? shure's phones are good enough?

Feb 2, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #8 of 9
Haven't we seen Vity0k's avatar before here?

Feb 2, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven't we seen Vity0k's avatar before here?

this is not my cat
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back