Suggestions on IEM w/Mic for windows phone.
Oct 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jordandrako

New Head-Fier
For christmas I asked for some skullcandy 50/50s from the wife without doing my research. I've since learned that while they sound better than any other IEMs I've had (not many) they're utter crap. And they just broke.
I just got a new Windows Phone so I can't afford much, but what would you guys suggest I get that has the best sound and a mic that will work on WP7.5/8, somewhere under $50. I'd like to use the phone as a music player, and answer a call without having to switch buds or take them out, but am I asking too much? If so I think I'll just get some Brainwavz M2s. Please and thanks.

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #2 of 10
What about the EarPods that came with your iPhone?

If not, some Etymotics would fit the bill.

Cheers, Jim

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #4 of 10
Ew, I'm Soory...

Just Kidding.

You should still look at the Etymotic Line though... Good Stuff.

Jim

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #5 of 10
Nah it's cool, just can't stand iOS, and I love the organization of WP. I looked at them, but I can't really afford those right now. I would after I finished christmas shopping, but I kind of need some sooner than later since my skullcandies just broke.

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:
For christmas I asked for some skullcandy 50/50s from the wife without doing my research. I've since learned that while they sound better than any other IEMs I've had (not many) they're utter crap. And they just broke.
I just got a new Windows Phone so I can't afford much, but what would you guys suggest I get that has the best sound and a mic that will work on WP7.5/8, somewhere under $50. I'd like to use the phone as a music player, and answer a call without having to switch buds or take them out, but am I asking too much? If so I think I'll just get some Brainwavz M2s. Please and thanks.

The mic on the airbuds answers and ends calls. I just wrote a review on them here and they run for about 40$

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630347/review-airbuds-iems-comfort-and-quality-for-a-great-price

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #7 of 10
Those airbuds look amazing, but I can't find any details on what phones they're compatible with.
I think those are my first choice so far, but I found these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826735014
Any thoughts?

Oct 4, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #8 of 10
On the package of the airbuds it says compatible with WP... I have not tried it though but they work on the old iphone that I have. (it says blackberry, ipod, ipad, galaxy, wp, iphone)

the ME electronics look nice, not sure about the cord and I hate those flanged tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back