suggestions on few IEMs (shure, etymotic, UE, denon)
Jul 4, 2008 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dansta

New Head-Fier
after looking around and trying out earbuds and IEMS, I think IEMs are more suitable for me. I'm a student that takes the subway often, and I think IEM will allow me to block out alot of the sound.
So i narrowed down to few choices. As a student i'm looking for decent price with decent quality phones.

Creative Earphones EP-630 ----- 30$

Audio Technica ATH-CK5 + CrossRoads MylarOne X3 Earphone ---- 67$
(two decent phones for 67$ seems nice)

Denon AH-C551K Stereo Earphone - Stereo ---- 67$

Etymotic Research ER6i Isolator In-Ear Earphones ------ 73$

super.fi 3 Studio Earphones ------ 59.99$

Shure E2CN Sound Isolating Earphone ------- 73$

Harman Kardon EP 730 In-ear Noise Isolating Earphones ------------- 50.34$

These are some of my choices....if anyone have any other choices, feel free to add. Also, if anyone c better pricing than these on the market please tell me
smily_headphones1.gif
. Thank you.

Jul 4, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #2 of 8
Just a warning, I thought that the UE 3's were a good buy and everyone was raving their value when I bought them. Got them, put them in, and realized they were huge. I have tried the modification some will mention, it does not stop them from being HUGE. Have not heard the other ones on your list except for the Shures, now having the SE210's I wish I had the E2C's back so I guess that's one vote for the E2CN's.

Jul 4, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #3 of 8
I'm a kid who listens to a lot of Hip-Hop/Rap music, and I have the Denon AH-C551 and the Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3's. The Denon's doesn't fit my ear well, but I like the bass and the sound better than the Super.fi 3's. With the Super.fi 3's, I get more isolation.

Jul 5, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by dansta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
someone is offering me 50$ for used shure e2c(been used for 2 weeks)...should i take it?

That's a pretty good deal. The E2C's cable breaks easily according to some other people though. What kind of sound do you want though?

Jul 14, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by dansta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
someone is offering me 50$ for used shure e2c(been used for 2 weeks)...should i take it?

yes
I had the E2Cs for a short while, I enjoyed them. I thought they were very dark though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back