Suggestions on an upgrade path from TDK ST-150, and USB vs 3.5mm jack
Jul 6, 2012 at 9:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ZeroByte

New Head-Fier
Hi

I was wondering on suggestions for an upgrade path from a TDK-ST150, I find the bass lacking a little [and rattling in one ear sometimes] and the extra cord keeps getting stuck under my chair when I roll away. I'm thinking of getting a new set fairly soon, and I'm wondering where I should go from here, I don't have much of a budget ($35, maybe $50 is about it) and a microphone isn't absolutely neccesary, as I already have a hilarous kludge soultion by using a another cheapy pair that has a dead audio jack but a working mic jack on my neck while wearing the others at the same time (XD). But there is one thing that worries me though

Planned Obsolescence

I thinking I might have to move to USB [A Microsoft lifechat LX-3000 probably] In order to prevent the cord breaking and costs if the voice coil goes. My brother had a Steelseries Siberia V2, they didn't even last him a year with light to average use, so with a budget I need something that either has warranty for a quite a while, or something easily replaceable in a year or two.

Thanks for reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back