Suggestions for Upbeat Christian Music?
Sep 22, 2003 at 3:02 PM Post #18 of 26
I have to admit I find nearly all Christian Contemporary lacking, in a sorta empty Protestant hymnals kinda way, but there's a whole world of Gospel and Spirituals out there which is upbeat and will give you goose-bumps to boot. Maybe something else to search for too. Listening to Mahalia Jackson right now.

Sep 22, 2003 at 4:27 PM Post #19 of 26
Since you're "open for suggestions", I'll tag on what blessingx said and make a suggestion.

If you're willing to give gospel choir a try, I'd recommend any of Walter Hawkins Love Alive series. I think there are 5 volumes available. Volume 1 is the best, IMO. If you're looking for some incredibly inspirational music, you won't go wrong here.

Sep 22, 2003 at 7:00 PM Post #20 of 26
what the hell is wrong with "zooropa"? it has some of u2's best studio work: "lemon" "zooropa" "numb", etc. the album to avoid is "pop" (stupid howie b).

if you want to hear u2 in full irish-christian mode, get their first two wonderful albums, "october" and "boy".

Aug 15, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #23 of 26
I don't know how high quality their recording is, though they have a very professional studio so I would guess it is pretty decent, Hillsong have released song really decent albums of late. Anything post 06-07 should be ok.

Aug 16, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #24 of 26
Neal Morse made some great gospel prog.rock albums

Aug 17, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #25 of 26

Quote:
Neal Morse made some great gospel prog.rock albums

While doing that, check out the later Kansas albums as well.
And Kerry Livgren solo of course.

Aug 18, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #26 of 26
And there's also good old Larry Norman, the godfather of christian rock.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back