Suggestions for slim keyboard to use with laptop
Jun 7, 2009 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

chews89

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys,

I'm currently shopping for a slim, usb keyboard that I can use with my laptop at home. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The width should be about 16cm MAX whereas length is more flexible. I've done some searches on ebay and have only come up with random keyboards that are too big or way too small.

I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out.

Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: I love the look of those minimalistic slim mac keyboards, but alas, I don't have a mac!

Jun 7, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #5 of 16
I'm going to second the Apple keyboard. I have a wireless one and the thing is TINY because it doesn't have the num pad. Feels just like a laptop keyboard too.

Jun 8, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #6 of 16
The Logitech DiNovo is very popular, though its bluetooth, very expensive, and slim in name only. Theres also the Logitech 920-000927, which is an older, slimmer version of the DiNovo. Wireless too, not bluetooth.

Theres also (wireless) the i-rocks RF-6520-BK (~$40)
Also the (wired) ABS M1 (~$70). I havent tried this one but I have an old ABS mechanical and its been going great for over 10 years.
Also the budget choice, OCZ OALKBELX2US Elixir II ($15). I'm a huge fan of OCZ memory, but have never tried their peripherals. Looks cool though.

Jun 8, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #9 of 16
I'm using a wired Apple slim keyboard with my Vista laptop when it is 'docked' at home. Works great.

Jun 8, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love my new Apple keyboard. I use the wired version with three different OS's without issue.

Never thought I'd justify $50 for a keyboard, but I do love this one.

Oh, compared to us Model M guys, that's not so bad...a good, used '88-'92-era Model M easily runs $75, and rarer vintages can be much more expensive. Thank God for ebay sellers that don't know what they have!

EDIT: That's not a recommendation, BTW...the Model M, though amazing, is definitely not "slim".

Jun 9, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #13 of 16
I highly recommend the Enermax Aurora keyboard. Got one years ago, and it's one of the few that's stood up to my abuse. Slim, but not portable by any means (it's made of brushed aluminum), and definitely premium in every possible sense. Well worth the cost of ownership, and the day mine dies will be the day I purchase another one.

Jun 9, 2009 at 9:10 AM Post #15 of 16
Thanks all for the recommendations
smily_headphones1.gif

I never thought I would get this many replies so I actually created 2 threads - one here and another one in the members lounge. So to keep things simple could anyone else please direct any more comments/suggestions to the other thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/su...laptop-428233/

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back