Suggestions for second portable headphone.
Jul 28, 2009 at 2:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Gbjerke

1000+ Head-Fier
I messed up buying my first one, NC was not at all something I needed, and what can i say, i bought them before i knew of this site. Anyways Now im prolly just gonna pass them on to my brother for like 100 bucks and be done with it.

Help me figure out a better match for me and have me not trying to justify my purchase, or atleast help.

Budget: -$350
Source: 160 gig iPod Classic / iPod Touch G2 16gig [Lossless]
Amp(iPod - LOD): - iBasso P3+
Type: Over, or if you can convince me, on ear, Closed
Comfort: Very important, replacable earpads would be nice.
Isolation: Its got to be worth getting a closed pair for, and the less leackage the better.
Signature: A little bit of everything. No exaggerated bass, treble or mids for that matter. I want it to sound as natural as possible. I find the P3+ a bit bright and cold, so if There is a slightly warm and darker 'phone, that would be great.
Genres:
40/100 - Rock/Alternative
40/100 - Electronica/Dance/Breakbeat/DnB/Trip - Hop/Lounge
10/100 - Soul/(RnB)
10/100 - Pop, Late 80's early 90's

So judging from that i want a pretty balanced sound. Still though I do believe that I need some good, noticable bass.

For the headphone it self, its SQ>Signature>Comfort

The P3+ should be able to power some pretty heavy cans. As its amp and power is arguably the same as the D10.

Of course i understand that for 350$ these goals are hard to reach. I feel like i need some darker and warmer headphones as i find the ones i have now to amplify hissing noises of fans etc. because of the treble. Ive tried equalizing but then again, that just sounds boring and lifeless.

Hope this was enough info. If not, I'll add whatever you request.

Sincerely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back