Suggestions for replacement of Klipsch X20i
Apr 18, 2020 at 6:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sarkarab

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

After 2.5 years of usage my cable has a loose connection and the sound is intermittent. My earphones are out of warranty and I could not find any replacement cables anywhere on the internet. Never buying Klipsch again as I spent a lot on these and it didn't last nearly as long as I had hoped for.

I thoroughly enjoyed the sound and the fit of these earphones so they were very satisfying while they lasted. Can someone recommend a good replacement for these earphones?

Thanks !

Apr 21, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #2 of 6
Klipsch earphones sound quality are not bad but imo they are expensive and their cable are not durable for long term. I believe X20i is no longer in production and they also seems to focus more on wireless nowadays. So, getting replacement parts for previous Klipsch wired earphones would be a problem. X20i has a proprietary replaceable cable, so it can’t use normal aftermarket cables either.

You could try to salvage your X20i before you purchase a new set. You can’t do much if the cable problem is on the parts that’s above the remote controller as that’s difficult to fix. Most often that not, the problem is due to loose 3.5mm connector. You could try to replace the 3.5mm connector and see if it solve the problem. It’s quite cheap and easy to do before throwing it away and purchasing a set. My older Klipsch flagship, the X11i also have connection problem but I manage to salvage it by diy with a replacement connector. I’m surprised it’s still working to this day after more than 5 years.

There so many good earphones you could chose to buy nowadays depending on preference for type of drivers, form factor, comfort, sound preference, budget etc. It’s really not possible to recommend as it pretty subjective with personal audio. You may want to look into brands like Shure, Westone, Final Audio Design, Etymotic as some suggestions. Good luck.

Apr 21, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for your reply. The issue is thankfully below the remote controller. It’s at the junction where the two wires go into the unit and it comes out as one wire on the other end. On one of my wires, the insulation is torn and the sound keeps cutting in and out. I attached an image so it’s clearer to understand what has happened.

Attachments

• 227A23C9-7A23-4B1E-9732-AA55BFE9C1BF.jpeg
    227A23C9-7A23-4B1E-9732-AA55BFE9C1BF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Apr 21, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for your reply. The issue is thankfully below the remote controller. It’s at the junction where the two wires go into the unit and it comes out as one wire on the other end. On one of my wires, the insulation is torn and the sound keeps cutting in and out. I attached an image so it’s clearer to understand what has happened.

oh I see. I don’t think it’s fixable then since it’s the parts that connected to the controller thing. (I wonder if it’s possible to just cut and connect the wires together, bypassing the middle connector. But that would be an ugly fix and result in loss of the remote/mic function as well!!). Time to move on I guess ... sorry

Apr 21, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #5 of 6
I am actually in talks with a company called Vesper Audio. They create cables for a large selection of brands. I am trying to see if they can create a cable for my earphones and send them to me. I am hesitant to send my earphones out anywhere via mail for repair.

Oct 19, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #6 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back