Suggestions for portables after e2c & ue 5 pros please?
Aug 25, 2008 at 4:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

paulhar

New Head-Fier
I'll try to avoid a wall-of-text and hopefully you've got time to read what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance!

I'm giving up on IEM - I switched from E2c's to UE 5 Pros about a year ago after reading lots of advice about the various phones people were using. I found the E2cs were too hard but I'm giving up on the pros as they pop out regardless of the tip I choose - large was too big, medium pops out if I open my mouth, tripples didn't help, foam isn't suitable as I have to take them off/out 20-30 times a day. I'm thinking of going back to "normal" portables so would appreciate advice.

Features I need:
Portability (regular train trips, airplane flights, walking around, gym, cooking etc)
Comfort (6h + usage per day)
Noise cancelling, or similar, as some environments are quite noisy. Especially when listening to quiet stuff like podcasts/audible.

Stuff I'd pay extra for but could live without:
No cables... I get twisted up in em too much. I've got a pair of HD 202 and the cable length is... daft.

About me:
I tend to listen to metal bands and I'm using an Ipod touch so high quality is a must :wink:
My hair is stuck up with wax so any heavy headbands that push down on it probably won't be suitable.
Any headphones that bleed loudly won't be suitable as I can sit right next to co-workers who will complain that they don't like <insert random band name here>

I considered going and getting custom moulds made from UE but worry that after spending all that cash I'd be stuck with more headphones that pop out, etc.

Made it this far? If you've any suggestions then thank you. If not, have a nice day!

Oh... I can afford about $700-800 (or £400 or so in real money since I'm UK based).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back