Suggestions for non-classical instrumental music
Sep 9, 2013 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

hasten

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for suggestions for some non-classical instrumental music.  I have a wide variety of musical tastes and need something different I can fire up and just sit back and relax too.  I have the rock influenced stuff like Godspeed or Explosions in the Sky, but other than that genre don't know where to start looking.

Sep 21, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #3 of 9
Try surf guitar like the Ventures or the Shadows. Great stuff. Santo and Johnny too.

Sep 22, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #4 of 9
Try surf guitar like the Ventures or the Shadows. Great stuff. Santo and Johnny too.

Gotta include Dick Dale in the list when exploring surf guitar. He practically invented it.

BTW he's still rockin'...saw him live this summer.

Sep 22, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #6 of 9

Gotta include Dick Dale in the list when exploring surf guitar. He practically invented it.

BTW he's still rockin'...saw him live this summer.

This brings me back.  My father used to listen to this.  I might have to get vinyl (and something decent to play it) if I pick itup!  Thanks for the recommendations.

Sep 22, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #8 of 9
This is a varied list, depending on your stylistic preferences:

Nox Arcana, Midnight Syndicate - contemporary-style darkwave/orchestral
The Piano Guys
Escala - pop/neo-classical quartet
Secret Garden - Celtic/New Age-style violin & piano
Kevin Kern - contemporary solo piano

There are also other genres like instrumental metal, folk, & jazz, if you're into those....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back