Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anyother please suggest in comment

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dec 10, 2019 at 9:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

msvrthexkid

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

I'm new here and also to the World of Audiophiles. Im not even an entry level Audiophile.
But I love to hear music(All Genres) with clarity and detail.
Can you please suggest a good one among the three or anything below $225 range which is good in Clarity, Instrument separation and good detail.
I don't want overpowering bass ,just enough to feel the natural recording and something that's close to the natural recording than any frequency getting highlighted.
Kindly suggest me a good one. Once again, I'm new here, apologies if anything posted against.

Dec 10, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #2 of 17
Hi @msvrthexkid,

The only one on your list I have tried & actually own & also recommend highly is the iBasso IT 01.
I have also tried the Comet but honestly, IT 01 is better overall.
Rai Solo I am still waiting to demo as it's not available yet where I am but should be shortly.

I don't have acess to the DM6 or RHA but for a good IEM you're going to be happy with for a long time which is definitely sonically better than it's price class indicates is still IT 01.

Feel free to ask more when you need.

Hope you have a great day !

Dec 10, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #3 of 17
Hi @msvrthexkid,

The only one on your list I have tried & actually own & also recommend highly is the iBasso IT 01.
I have also tried the Comet but honestly, IT 01 is better overall.
Rai Solo I am still waiting to demo as it's not available yet where I am but should be shortly.

I don't have acess to the DM6 or RHA but for a good IEM you're going to be happy with for a long time which is definitely sonically better than it's price class indicates is still IT 01.

Feel free to ask more when you need.

Hey Bro.
Thanks for ur quick reply. I'm looking in the sense for detail. Need all the instruments to be clear and detailed whole vocals being good.
Is iBasso IT01S good for the same. If not what is the best for my requirement below $225/rupees20000

Dec 10, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #4 of 17
No problem, @msvrthexkid,

I meant to say either IT 01 or IT 01s will serve you well for your needs.

Clarity is definitely the primary strength in the IT Series.

Also IT 01s serves as a nice bridge between IT 01 & IT 04, especially if you don't want to get the IT 04 just yet though any of the three are worth considering.

Especially for the IT 01, subjectively & personally, still haven't heard anything better at that price point, the IT 01s, as said is the best from both IT 01 & IT 04.

Really hard to go wrong with IT 01s or IT 01.

The last thing to keep in mind, no matter the IEM, your source quality has to be good & well recorded, regardless of format or nothing is going to matter.

Hope this helps clarify things, feel free to ask more as you need.

Dec 10, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #5 of 17

Also IT 01s serves as a nice bridge between IT 01 & IT 04, especially if you don't want to get the IT 04 just yet though any of the three are worth considering.

Especially for the IT 01, subjectively & personally, still haven't heard anything better at that price point, the IT 01s, as said is the best from both IT 01 & IT 04.

The last thing to keep in mind, no matter the IEM, your source quality has to be good & well recorded, regardless of format or nothing is going to matter.

Thanks a lot. I recently bought Fiio m3k. As i quoted before I'm just a listener with an audiophile preference.
So what format you suggest and a good budget hi res player other than this. And what is the best IEM with the price range i mentioned. I was to confused between i10s and comet but you pretty much made it clear for IBasso.
Thanks a lot

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #6 of 17
If you are looking for a budget neutral IEM check out this:
https://crinacle.com/graphs/tin-hifi-t4/
Haven't heard it but Crinacle knows what he's talking about and if I'd need something like it I'd get it in a heart beat.

A bit outside your budget would be the Tanchijm Oxygen or the Drop JVC FDX1

Again inside your budget and quite special are the Sony EX800ST - A neutral monitor with excellent detail and bass texture and speed, but they are an open design and don't isolate much.
Those are only available from Amazon Japan, you have to register on their site and they will show total cost including shipping and customs (at least for Europe).
This is the IEM I use for audio editing when I cut videos, because it has the most faithful presentation of my collection. It is not the most relaxing, v-shaped IEM, but for its price it has amazing detail and texture. Makes me sit upright and "watch" the presentation of the music in front of me. Faithful, detailed, dynamic and textured.
Listed as "A=" in Crinacle's list and sold around $230 with international shipping it's arguably the best deal in IEMs in that list, top to bottom. https://crinacle.com/rankings/iems/

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #7 of 17
If you are looking for a budget neutral IEM check out this:
https://crinacle.com/graphs/tin-hifi-t4/
Haven't heard it but Crinacle knows what he's talking about and if I'd need something like it I'd get it in a heart beat.

A bit outside your budget would be the Tanchijm Oxygen or the Drop JVC FDX1

Again inside your budget and quite special are the Sony EX800ST - A neutral monitor with excellent detail and bass texture and speed, but they are an open design and don't isolate much.
Those are only available from Amazon Japan, you have to register on their site and they will show total cost including shipping and customs (at least for Europe).
This is the IEM I use for audio editing when I cut videos, because it has the most faithful presentation of my collection. It is not the most relaxing, v-shaped IEM, but for its price it has amazing detail and texture. Makes me sit upright and "watch" the presentation of the music in front of me. Faithful, detailed, dynamic and textured.
Listed as "A=" in Crinacle's list and sold around $230 with international shipping it's arguably the best deal in IEMs in that list, top to bottom. https://crinacle.com/rankings/iems/
Thanks a lot for ur reply. By the way what would be your choice in these lot mentioned.

Dec 12, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #8 of 17

Hi Bro. Fiio m3k plus Campfire Comet or fiio m3k po lus it01s

Dec 12, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #9 of 17
Hi @msvrthexkid,

Honestly, IT 01 all the way, no problem as the synergy is good with everything though I suggest picking something better than M3K but depends what you need in a DAP.

Dec 12, 2019 at 9:51 PM Post #10 of 17
Hi @msvrthexkid,

Honestly, IT 01 all the way, no problem as the synergy is good with everything though I suggest picking something better than M3K but depends what you need in a DAP.

Heyo bro. Really thanks for your quick turn up. And Im disturbing a lot sorry for that. But one last question. Can u tell me whats the difference between i10s and i10 and which one you would suggest for best detail and instrument separation.

Dec 12, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #11 of 17
Heyo bro. Really thanks for your quick turn up. And Im disturbing a lot sorry for that. But one last question. Can u tell me whats the difference between i10s and i10 and which one you would suggest for best detail and instrument separation.

You are not disturbing in any way...as said more than happy to help.

Honestly, depends on what you're looking for as both are very good at what they do but to break it down for you :

Precision with more egaging enjoyment which leads to fun but not exclusive as it's track dependant (IT 01)

OR

More precise refinement with a wider staging, slightly more intimate & higher clarity, leaning towards Mids High focused which has higher scalability depending on how good your source & well recorded said source is (IT01s)

As stated in my previous post, IT 01s serves as a nice bridge between IT 01 & IT 04 so you will have the best from both but without the near incredible, yet intmate spaciousness the IT 04 ha but it is close but this also depends on source & track.

Hope this answers what you need.

Dec 12, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #12 of 17

You are not disturbing in any way...as said more than happy to help.

Honestly, depends on what you're looking for as both are very good at what they do but to break it down for you :

Precision with more egaging enjoyment which leads to fun but not exclusive as it's track dependant (IT 01)

OR

More precise refinement with a wider staging, slightly more intimate & higher clarity, leaning towards Mids High focused which has higher scalability depending on how good your source & well recorded said source is (IT01s)

As stated in my previous post, IT 01s serves as a nice bridge between IT 01 & IT 04 so you will have the best from both but without the near incredible, yet intmate spaciousness the IT 04 ha but it is close but this also depends on source & track.

Hope this answers what you need.

thanks once again bro. But I'm really more confused now on which one to choose.

Dec 13, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #15 of 17
Thanks a lot for ur reply. By the way what would be your choice in these lot mentioned.
I love to hear music(All Genres) with clarity and detail.
Can you please suggest ... below $225 range .... good in Clarity, Instrument separation and good detail.
I don't want overpowering bass ,just enough to feel the natural recording and something that's close to the natural recording than any frequency getting highlighted.

Actually, based on what you wrote in your opening post, the IT01 would not be my recommendation due to the quite strong V-shape which will be audible as a boosted bass and added sparkle in the treble. It is a very popular signature and IT01 is getting recommended a lot by its owners.

purely based on sound and what you write about your preferences my recommendation in the $200 range would be the EX800ST.
But the EX800 is more of an indoor listening IEM due to the low isolation and presenting the music in the “natural” way you describe above is not the most musical or fun presentation. I get out my EX800 for focused and analytical listening, to hear the natural balance. If that is what you want to do, it is my recommendation.

If you want focus on musicality, my recommendation would actually be the JVC FDX1, with the 3 included nozzles you can tune it between a bright (but not harsh) sound, a very balanced sound and a slightly thicker sound with a bit more relative bass. All the time it is smooth, has great timbre, good clarity and detail and it is musical. Downside of that one is availability. Drop is just now shipping the first batch, so some may become available 2nd hand, but otherwise you have to wait for the next Drop.

the Tanchijm Oxygen is close to the FDX1 and more easily available.
IMO it sits well above the IT01S in terms of quality and in between the IT01S and IT01 in terms of tuning, maybe closer to the IT01S. I found the IT01S to be little bright for my ears, but not too much.

If you want to stay around $100 the Tin Hifi T4 would be my recommendation over the IT01, for 2 reasons.
First, it has a more neutral tuning compared to the strong V shape of the IT01, and second, going by feedback from my trusted reviewers, the T4 clearly looks like the better choice.

so easy choice? No, it never is, there are too many things to balance, and in the end it’s a personal journey to find what works best for you.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back