Suggestions for my first portable
Nov 14, 2008 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SEABREEZE

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone, this is my first venture into portables.

Our home rig is a sp extreme & darkvoice 336, and headphones are senn 650's .

With that said, I am looking for a non iem portable headphone for my wifes and my new 71a and preditor. ( open budget )

Recently I read in another thread
"I've heard more than once that the UE 11's are as good as the TF 10 Pros regarding the highs and the mids, but with a much better bass"

I understand these are iem's, but perhaps you can suggestion somthing down these lines in a non iem portable .

Nov 14, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi Joe! Nice to see you around. Tell Gloria I said hello as well.

The only way I'd go is ESW9 and/or ESW10. I prefer the 10, but the 9 is really very very good. If you're going to be using them as real portable, as in using them outdoors a lot or walking around (as opposed to using them in an indoor environment after transporting them), I'd get a much cheaper old, Sony V6, as it can take a beating and sounds decent. If you're going to be using them mostly while sitting around, the ATH-ESW9s or 10s are really great, and knowing your taste a little, I think you'd be pleased with either.

Nov 14, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Joe! Nice to see you around. Tell Gloria I said hello as well.

The only way I'd go is ESW9 and/or ESW10. I prefer the 10, but the 9 is really very very good. If you're going to be using them as real portable, as in using them outdoors a lot or walking around (as opposed to using them in an indoor environment after transporting them), I'd get a much cheaper old, Sony V6, as it can take a beating and sounds decent. If you're going to be using them mostly while sitting around, the ATH-ESW9s or 10s are really great, and knowing your taste a little, I think you'd be pleased with either.

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for the input, will you have them with you this weekend @ the meet, maybe you will let us try them... Plan to use them on the go

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow

Much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back