Suggestions for Hip-Hop IEMs - up to £400 - that arnt the IE8s
Jan 11, 2012 at 4:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

spongebob92

New Head-Fier
Hello.

I like Hip-Hop. I am looking for IEMs (that arn't the IE8s, bad experiences with them due to unreliabilty), and that provide a substantial amount of good quality bass for Hip-Hop music. 

I did not find the IE8s overally bassy at all, so the more bass the better.

I have up to £400 to spend (~$600-$700)

Thanks to everyone in advance :)

Jan 11, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #2 of 4

FX700 would be a great choice. Did you look into the IE80s? lol I know you had issues with the IE8 but I find the IE80 to be superior to the IE8 as it doesn't have the mid bass hump issue like the IE8 does. I just ordered me a pair yesterday as I love its sound so much. Ended up selling my IE8s to upgrade to them. I also have the FX700 and think they compliment the IE80s. Very deep bass, the best timbre of any Universal IEM, and the treble is very sparkly.
Quote:
Hello.

I like Hip-Hop music. I am looking for IEMs (that arn't the IE8s, bad experiences with them due to unreliabilty), and that provide a substantial amount of good quality bass for Hip-Hop music. 

I did not find the IE8s overally bassy at all, so the more bass the better.

I have up to £400 to spend (~$600-$700)

Thanks to everyone in advance :)

Jan 11, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
FX700 would be a great choice. Did you look into the IE80s? lol I know you had issues with the IE8 but I find the IE80 to be superior to the IE8 as it doesn't have the mid bass hump issue like the IE8 does. I just ordered me a pair yesterday as I love its sound so much. Ended up selling my IE8s to upgrade to them. I also have the FX700 and think they compliment the IE80s. Very deep bass, the best timbre of any Universal IEM, and the treble is very sparkly.

Hi there.

My problems with the IE8 isn't the sound - the sounded damn near perfect to my ears, however, within the 1.5 years I owned them, they broke on me. I didn't treat them rough, I kept them in there case at all times when I wasn't using them. So reliability is my worry. Are the IE80s any better in that terms? 

And cheers thanks, will check out the FX700s :)

EDIT: So what are the techinical differences between the IE8s and the IE80s?

Jan 11, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #4 of 4

Well I never had issues with my IE8s except when I accidentally ripped them in half lol. That was my fault though. Other than that I find them reliable. You also have 2 year warranty when you get a pair of IE80s from an authorized dealer so I wouldn't worry in that case. Means Sennheiser would just give you another brand new pair. FX700 are also a great IEM and are made of wood. They don't have a replaceable cable though but I feel they will last a long time if taken care of.
Quote:

Hi there.

My problems with the IE8 isn't the sound - the sounded damn near perfect to my ears, however, within the 1.5 years I owned them, they broke on me. I didn't treat them rough, I kept them in there case at all times when I wasn't using them. So reliability is my worry. Are the IE80s any better in that terms? 

And cheers thanks, will check out the FX700s :)

EDIT: So what are the techinical differences between the IE8s and the IE80s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back