Suggestions for Headphones That Are More Comfortable Than Beyerdynamic T1 And Don't Need an Amp To Drive
Jan 21, 2016 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ryder78

100+ Head-Fier
It has been quite a while since I used a headphone. I don't really like listening to music using headphones as I do not like the feel of the thing on my head. I have owned the Beyerdynamic T1 before and although sound is good, I can't get used to the feel and the weight of an additional device sitting on top of my head before I sold it about 3 years ago.

Now I am considering to get a good quality headphones, a full-sized over the ear type but I will not be running an amp. I will be hooking the headphones directly to my smartphone.

Any suggestions? Sound quality is not the primary factor but comfort is. The headphones need to be light and the clamping force will need to be low as well in order for the headphones to feel comfortable. High clamping force and heavy headphones = Uncomfortable.

In summary, the criteria is as follows :-

1. Full-sized headphones that cover the whole ear
2. Light weight and low clamping force
3. Can be driven without any amp (it will be connected directly to a smartphone)

Of least concern :-

4. Sound quality - ideally a warm but airy sound with nice details that do not sound piercing to the ears. The Beyerdynamic T1's sound when driven by Meier Audio amp is fairly warm and detailed but I find the sound to be rather forceful. A mellower and airier/diffused sound would be nice.

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back