suggestions for good headphones?
Dec 18, 2008 at 2:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ichthaeus

New Head-Fier
I am not a qualified expert (nor an amateur one) by any means, and from what I've seen of the people on this forum, they seem to know their stuff. So I'm turning to you with my situation: I need some new headphones (specifically IEMs); after having two pairs of the same kind of chintzy headphones, I'm ready to buy some worth their salt. In this vein, i'm looking for suggestions, as i haven't the foggiest idea for what i need to look (well, to be perfectly honest, I do have a slight idea, but it's hardly worth mentioning). my budget is ~$100.

sorry everyone, I seem to have neglected to use the proper terms; i meant that i am looking for suggestion as to what IEMs i should look at.

Dec 18, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #3 of 7
May I suggest Etymotic ER6i. I haven't actually owned a pair, but its one headphone that I've been reading reviews for and may purchase in the future if the J2's that I just ordered turn out to be junk.

Dec 18, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #4 of 7
The ER6i, since it's been mentioned is pretty good, but has an EQ that's a bit more flat and not very bassy, so doesn't suit everyone. VERY good isolation though, specially with the tri-flange tips. Using the smallest bi-flange tips results in the best SQ with them IMO though.

Dec 19, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #5 of 7
thanks for the help, everyone. i've pretty much narrowed it down to the either the C700, UHP336, or the ER6i (at least as far as one can call that "narrowing down"). i'm somewhat worried when i see people mentioning using different tips than those that come with the head-phones, and given the fact that this is my first pair of IEMs, i don't really have any such luzury. does anyone know which of these IEMs is best when using the in-box tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back