Suggestions For Entry-Level Senn's/Other
Mar 21, 2012 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Leon Dota

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

I just recently purchased (and will be receiving very soon) some Audio-Technica Pro700MK2 Anniversary Edition 'phones, and I'm extremely excited to own them, seeing as that I produce Lo-Fi electronica and have had great experiences with AT in the past.

However, I literally own nothing but AT headphones. I have M30's, M50's, Xone XD-53's (sold under Allen & Heath; made by AT). For the future, I'm looking for something different. Anything different.

The obviously name that came to mind was Sennheiser. However, I'm also very aware of Denon, Beyerdynamic, V-MODA (not sure about them), AKG, and a bunch of other top-tier names. What I'm looking for is something entry-level (i.e. something that won't break my bank. I'm a college student). I'm open to any and all suggestions, and am very happy to have open discussion with anyone here.

My past headphone/audio experience has been:

Audio-Technica
ATH-M30
ATH-M50
ATH-Pro700MK2ANV (Soon)
Allen & Heath Xone XD-53

Klipsch
Image S4 (IEM)
ProMedia 2.1 (Computer Speaker system)

Mar 21, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #2 of 2
Heya,

Quote:
 What I'm looking for is something entry-level (i.e. something that won't break my bank. I'm a college student). I'm open to any and all suggestions, and am very happy to have open discussion with anyone here.

You should probably list more criteria. There's thousands that can fit the bill. Seeing as you have a lot of closed headphones, maybe look into some that are different and possibly some open ones.

Consider:

Sennheiser HD598
Grado SR60i with L-Cush Pads
Goldring DR150
Beyer DT880 PRO
Ultrasone HFI 2400
AudioTechnica TAD400
Fischer Audio FA-002
Samson SR850

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back