Suggestions for closed over-the-ear headphones to pair with the Schiit Fulla DAC/amp
Dec 17, 2014 at 3:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

woodenfrogs

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some help choosing some headphones. Here is my situation:

Normally I'm a loudspeaker guy - but I work in an office and sit at a desk and so loudspeakers are out of the question. I've been looking into headphones and had pretty much decided on the Sennheiser HD-650/600 with a Schiit Fulla portable usb DAC/Amp (portable is important because I change desks every day) - BUT then I realized that because these are open headphones I would probably be leaking sound to others in my office. It's typically extremely quiet where I work.

So I'm curious - can you all recommend for me a closed, over-the-ear headphone that is in the $300-500 range or so (price is flexible) that would work with the Schiit Fulla? Here are some specs on the Fulla (which is pretty new):

Maximum Power:
16 ohms: 400mW RMS per channel
32 ohms: 300mW RMS per channel
50 ohms: 220mW RMS per channel
300 ohms: 40mW RMS per channel

About the music I listen to:
I listen to all types of music - classical (choral is my favorite) to Electronica. I also listen to a great deal of "in-between" indie rock and the like. E.g. Lauridsen, Bombay Bicycle Club, Radiohead, Blood Orange, Andrew Bayer, Cut Copy, Active Child, Tame Impala, etc. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Dec 17, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #2 of 4
NAD HP50 for a natural, slightly warmer than neutral sound, PSB M4U1 for a closer to neutral sound. The clean external DAC and power overhead should be all they need to get you jumping. Another choice could be the B&O H6 - dark and detailed without being thick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back