suggestions for carrying cases of your portable gear...mojo//extender, ak, fiio, phone/.ipod etc
Oct 10, 2016 at 2:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

canali

Headphoneus Supremus

hi ...just trying to garner more choices for those of us who are looking for a good solution
for walking around using our portable gear...esp with the new mojo extender that came out.

below are some suggestions i came up with,,,but unsure if van nuys in japan ships to north america/europe
(anyone know?)....i was to use a camera bag or shoulder bag, but then read how the mojo can get hot after a while too.

Carrying cases.. also check out AK van nuys carrying cases...Google search them,,, can't copy/paste from my phone...some nice choices.

http://www.vannuys.co.jp/n_chord_mojo_player/index_3.html

yahoo store  http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/vannuyswebshop/vd268-00.html

one i'm trying out by swiss gear camera bag, found here in canada (design is ubiquitous, i'm sure)
more a small shoulder/belt pocket camera bag...but again has no openings to allow heat dissipation
http.com/en/business/swiss-gear-convertible-shoulder-waist-bag-1010223002.html

Oct 10, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #3 of 12
Great post. 

I am going to try several Pelican cases. Here is what I seek:

A single case that fits in a brief case for air travel holding:  

1.  Mojo in his case
2.  Mojo module
3.  IEM nicely fit in foam for safety 
4.  Power brick (or small DAP, right now, I am still in iPhone, but exploring iPod touch or Fiio) 
5.  Cables 

with Amazon prime free shipping, I will try the Pelican 1060 and 1170 and let interested people know how it fits.  

Oct 17, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #5 of 12
Hi, nice topic for a very common issue for this community. It is a good idea to share the latest solutions.

I currently have a nice rig including iPod Classic, the Cypher Labs dac Solo -r and the Alo Audio Continental V5 that I currently store in a Lowepro AVC 60 II. It is a sturdy "little" case with enough room for the three units stack and also including charging devices. Protection and safety are good. I confidentially call it "The Brick" because of its size and...weight. 
I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow.

When I use a smaller rig, that is the iPod and the amp I am using a little Moleskin case that is nice and enough protective.

Have a good day.
Alessandro

Oct 17, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #6 of 12
I use a Kifaru chamber pocket for my Mojo + Cv5 stack. I carry an ALO Rx amp also, that lives in a mesh pouch with a velcro loop around it to secure a 6" TRS interconnect.  My CA Andromeda IEMs reside in a Shure zippered pouch which I only unzip about a quarter way to form a sleeve-like opening. On top of that I use an Oakley lens bag (which has a separator for left and right) to keep the housings from rubbing against each other and scratching. All of this goes into my Kifaru pack with all the other stuff I need for work and travel.

I'll probably replace the chamber pocket with some other pouch I have sitting around at home at some point. I could use something with a little less length and a little more depth.  

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #7 of 12
Hi, as promised here are some pictures of the case I am currently using...

bye
Alessandro

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #8 of 12

I found that the best case for everything I wanted was the Pelican 1170.  The problem, however is that I needed something to fit in my briefcase for air travel so I had to compromise with the smaller Pelican.   Note that I cannot include the Mojo travel case and that the T8ie have a longer cable.  

This little set up slips nicely into the brief case (which holds my lap top) for 'under the seat' airline travel.  This is the Pelican 1060 "pick and pluck" set.  

The Pelican products I have tested all feel built like tanks.  The 1170 would have been perfect had it been less deep.  As a separate carrying case, for those who do not need it to fit elsewhere, its terrific.  

Oct 20, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #11 of 12
  now what about 'walk around' styles of carrying cases, however, for our bricks...something with a shoulder strap...or  handle?

Hi, Cypher Labs has something like that in their accessory page. Despite I agree on the necessity I do not like that solutions, it reminds me of some funny bags of the late '70s.... 

Oct 22, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #12 of 12
still searching for my brick (walk around portablility)
with a handle and shoulder strap even.

will hit some camera stores and share if i find anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back