Suggestions for budget in-ear headphones
Dec 2, 2022 at 7:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Tudorsound

New Head-Fier
OK, non audiophile question: so my mother always used the free apple wired headphones that came with her phone. New iPhone: no more jack. So she wants the lightning cable version unless I can think of something better. Does anyone have any suggestions for this? In-ear, easy to wear and connect to iPhone, bluetooth, under $60/£50. Surely I can do better than the apple wired ones?

Dec 2, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #3 of 4
OK, non audiophile question: so my mother always used the free apple wired headphones that came with her phone. New iPhone: no more jack. So she wants the lightning cable version unless I can think of something better. Does anyone have any suggestions for this? In-ear, easy to wear and connect to iPhone, bluetooth, under $60/£50. Surely I can do better than the apple wired ones?
Assuming it’s a gift to your mother,
SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds Air3 Deluxe HS with Hi-Res Audio Certification and LDAC Codec, Bluetooth 5.2 Earphones with 4 Mics and ENC for Calls, 14.2mm Driver, 60ms Low Latency Game Mode, App Control https://a.co/d/enQd9PO
it’s a good pair of wireless earbuds to recommend to your parents.
I wrote a review on amazon under the same user name, you may look that review for the further details

Dec 4, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #4 of 4
Great! Thanks so much. Will check these out. Yes they would be a gift to my mother. She uses them with iPhone and MacBook. I suppose budget could go up if the things are good, but I just don't want to go to AirPods Pro territory. I suppose a decent mic would be nice and of course no hassle with connecting. Wondering if the AirPods 2 (not pro and not 3) are any good although much more expensive than my initial budget. Or perhaps Sony WF-C500. Soundpeats look a decent option too, thanks. Reviewers do say can be fiddly to take out and mic not great.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back