Suggestions for beater IEM's
May 25, 2014 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jborame

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone!

Pretty new to headphones/earphones. Currently have a pair of Klipsch x10 x/ isolation plus comply foam, sony mdr-10rbt, and audio-technica m50's. I was looking for a pair of IEM's that I could carry around daily in my pockets without having to worry about them AND be able to lay in bed with them comfortably. Listen to a very broad spectrum of genres so a nice well-rounded pair would be nice. Once again, these are probably beaters, so something not too expensive, but also something that isn't offensive to listen to/look at.

I was looking at brainwavz delta (seem backordered? or are they d/ced?), philips SHE3590, monoprice cheaps, pistons.

Or should I just aim bigger and get a pair of shures 215, ue 600vi (love the design of these and the deltas but are they any good?)

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

May 25, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #3 of 4
Sony XBA-1 are about $24 and sound pretty good, if a bit rolled off on both ends.  Its what I use as my daily beater IEMs.  Can't really find anything to complain about considering the price point.

May 25, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks! Are the marshmellows, a151, and xba-1 any good at noise isolation? They will probably be used mainly walking around the city, on bus/train, or while studying in a really quiet library so noise leakage will be a no-no, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back