Suggestions for an amp to link iPod to SR-80s?
May 13, 2007 at 6:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

drkphoenix

New Head-Fier
I'm a relative newb to the portable headphone amp scene. I have SR-80's and use an iPod. I need a good, but cheap, amp. After all, it does seem silly to me to spend more on the amp that powers my headphones than I do on the cans themselves. Ive decided that my price cap is $100 but I of course would go as cheap as could for a quality amp. (Wouldn't everyone?)

I have the Boostaroo Revolution but I think it stinks. It makes it louder but doesn't do much for the quality. The music I listen to the most is Hip-Hop. I like the beats and DJ effects so if that helps at all.... But it would be nice to have it support the music all-around in different genres. Soundstage is also a plus.

Here are the options I am considering:
Total AirHead by Headroom
Xenos 0HA
Annnnnd thats all ive really got. which is why i need all of you! Please help me out with your expertises.

with thanks
drkphoenix

May 13, 2007 at 7:04 AM Post #2 of 2
Why not the MisterX XP amp or the GV6? Both are a good price for you. I heard the MisterX XP amp has lots of bass so you'll definitely hear the beats!
basshead.gif

To get the MisterX XP amp, give MisterX an PM and he'll gladly help you. He answered all my annoying questions
tongue.gif

For the GV6, go to: http://www.go-vibe-headphoneamp.com/Home_Page.html

Good luck
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back