suggestions for amps well suited for both hd650 and grados?
May 18, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #16 of 17
In my opinion, if you don't like the sound of the Senns, an amp or cable will not magically improve the sound. The amp really just amplifies the signal it is given. I would find a pair of headphones that you like, since the sound differences are more apparant in headphones. Then when you are satisfied with the sound, get an amp if you need to.

May 18, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by fran
I just received a little dot 2 amp this week and am very impressed with the sound. These amps had some quality control issues in the past - supposed to be sorted out now. I'm still running mine in so its too early to comment on that aspect, but the sound is just gorgeous so far!

Fran

Please keep us posted on how you like the little dot 2. I am very interested in hearing more about it. I find this thread very helpful. As a newbie who recently just 'rediscovered' music through headphones and a finally somewhat meager new funding for better equipment I find these thread immeasurably helpful! This (the headphone amps and cans) arena is full of so many options it is a bit daunting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back