Suggestions for all-in-one headphones/MP3 player for swimming
Jun 24, 2016 at 9:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Airwolf

Head-Fier
I am hoping some people with hands-on experience can help recommend an MP3 player for swimming.  I just swim in a lap pool and need something to help with the boredom.  I bought a pair of Sony NWZ-W273 waterproof earbuds that wrap around the back of your head and have an integrated MP3 player.  They fit well but they sounded god awful and were so quiet, I couldn't make out the words in the music I was listening to in a quiet room when using the waterproof earbuds.  I returned them, but now I am not really sure what else to get.  I really liked how the Sony's were an all-in-one solution.  I'd be willing to go the armband + headphones route, but as far as I can tell, there are only a couple of options for armbands that can be used while swimming and none of them are good.  H2O Audio makes one, but the pouch is so small, it won't fit anything but like an iPhone 4.

I was hoping somebody on here could make a recommendation.  I don't mind spending a decent amount if the quality is there.  For instance, I was thinking of buying a used Sony Xperia Z1 or Z3 and just swimming with it, since it's waterproof.  Upon further research, though, it seems as though Sony has backed off of their waterproof promise, so I am not sure I want to risk frying a perfectly decent cell phone.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jun 24, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #2 of 2
  I am hoping some people with hands-on experience can help recommend an MP3 player for swimming.  I just swim in a lap pool and need something to help with the boredom.  I bought a pair of Sony NWZ-W273 waterproof earbuds that wrap around the back of your head and have an integrated MP3 player.  They fit well but they sounded god awful and were so quiet, I couldn't make out the words in the music I was listening to in a quiet room when using the waterproof earbuds.  I returned them, but now I am not really sure what else to get.  I really liked how the Sony's were an all-in-one solution.  I'd be willing to go the armband + headphones route, but as far as I can tell, there are only a couple of options for armbands that can be used while swimming and none of them are good.  H2O Audio makes one, but the pouch is so small, it won't fit anything but like an iPhone 4.

I was hoping somebody on here could make a recommendation.  I don't mind spending a decent amount if the quality is there.  For instance, I was thinking of buying a used Sony Xperia Z1 or Z3 and just swimming with it, since it's waterproof.  Upon further research, though, it seems as though Sony has backed off of their waterproof promise, so I am not sure I want to risk frying a perfectly decent cell phone.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thats a very unique inquiry, but I have never researched that so I can't be too much of help.. BUT I have mostly heard positive reviews for underwater audio and I believe they make ear buds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back