Suggestions for a TripleFi 10-like IEM under $250
Aug 5, 2014 at 8:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

embryolk

New Head-Fier
I would love to get some suggestions for a new pair of IEMs. I previously owned the UE Triple Fi 10 and loved it before it broke. I mostly listen to M83 songs like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAwYodrBr2Q

I'm unfamiliar with the technical terms but I think soundstage would probably be the most important thing to me as I love being able to pick apart the individual instruments or pretend I'm actually there. I'd like to keep it under $450 MSRP, or $250 or so used. Most likely I'll just buy a used pair off Ebay to save a few bucks. Should I just get the updated UE 900 since it should be similar to TF10? Thanks for any suggestions!

Oh and I mostly listen to music from my smart phone but I do intend on building my portable amp, soon. 

Favorite artists:
Jeff Buckley, Bilinda Butchers, XX, Ratatat, Sufjan Stevens, Kaleida, Thelonious Monk, Emeli Sande, classical music

What I don't listen to:
Country, rap

Aug 7, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #4 of 4
Unfortunately, one piece got stepped on. I just purchased another half of the TF10 on Ebay when no one responded to this thread for a while. The other end is a custom shell so I'll have to get custom shells for both, which would run up the price quite a bit.

Quote:
  IE80 is kinda TF10 like. 

I'm reading up the IE80 impression thread now and it looks pretty good. Thank you very much for the suggestion. It's about $100 on ebay open boxed, which is very reasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back