Suggestions for a pair of in-ear headphones in the $50-60 range?
Jan 31, 2012 at 11:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dozerman

New Head-Fier
I want to buy a pair of IEMs about $50-60, so I ask for your suggestions in this range, although I would appreciate any lower price suggestions.
I mostly listen to rock and metal and some jazz(mostly acid jazz). I use the HD555 while at home but I want a portable headphone for outside use.
I did some research and I found that Brainwavs M2 and Ultimate Ears 500 are good choices. I recently used Sennheiser CX 300-II but it broke, so i would like a durable pair.

Jan 31, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #4 of 8
Check the vsonic gr06 or the trident dunu or the soundmagic e30.. Other brands to consider are the meelectronics and Brainwavz

Jan 31, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #5 of 8
The Meelectronics M21 and CW31 are interesting and only around $30.

Jan 31, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #6 of 8
I have the Brookstone Clear Dual Drive, which costs $70, which apparently has the same driver (dual dynamic, 15mm + 7mm) design as the Radius earphones, and the same shell design as the Radius DDM2.  I don't have, and have never listened to, either Radius IEM, but reading the comments left from those who have compared them, it seems that the Brookstone CDD captures much of the Radius glory (massive sound, lively, dynamic).  
i love my BCDD and use it for working out.  To me, it's significantly better than all of my other universal IEMs (MTPC, TripleFi 10, Westone 4, Scosche IEM856).  The only IEM I have that's better is my Future Sonics mg6pro custom IEM.

​

Feb 1, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #8 of 8
Okay, so based on the recommendations I did some research, and now I am between Ultimate Ears 500, Brainwavz M2 and Meelec A151. And to be honest I didn't like the looks of the A151.
I need to choose soon because I'm getting them shipped from USA to Turkey. I takes some time to get them here.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back