Suggestions for a newbie on call computer aid.
Jun 5, 2007 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

WhatMACHI

500+ Head-Fier
Well over the past few years ive had a few people call me up to help them with their computer woes, generally simpler stuff like setting up, working with Word, Excell, Acces, slow computer problems, suggestions to upgrade etc

Im slowly getting back into this to help a few people out with their slow and old computers. Is there any tips those in the IT field could give to me to look out for such as how much i should be charging for my time etc etc?

I dont plan to go in there and know everything, and be able to solve every problem. But for those people i know with very little computer knowledge i help out as best as i can, and usualy only charge them $20-30 AUS an hour to drive out to their place and see what i can do.

Coming up in the next week im going over to a friends friend place where they run a tennis coaching business, and their 5yo computer is running very slow. I suggested there is the option of buying a new computer which i get made to their order, or i could go in find out what programs they dont use, run some virus checks (they said they had viruses), or see if they could get some more ram in.

Anything else i should look out for? or should be prepared for?

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back