Suggestions for a new music player
May 31, 2009 at 4:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

demoNMaCHiN3

100+ Head-Fier
<rant> So, today my playlist on Windows Media Player 11 ****ed up, randomly giving me a warning saying that my playlist is now corrupt. Now, most of the tagging for my music has gone to ****. After initially not liking Winamp, I decided to give it another shot. This was a bad idea as the "auto-tag" feature is absolutely horrendous and quite inaccurate. This messed up the tagging for most of the songs that weren't damaged by WMP. Honestly, aside from a few neat features, I don't see the appeal of Winamp or understand why so many people use it. I like WMP for two reasons: 1). its tagging feature is very accurate and 2). I can sort my playlist in a way that all my music is easily readable, which I can do simply by sorting by album. </rant>

So, with that, does anyone know of a music player that:
a). has proper tagging
b). has a strong sorting feature
c). can display music in a easily readable fashion

May 31, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #5 of 10
iTunes....
ph34r.gif

Foobar2000 here, love it.

May 31, 2009 at 10:36 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderwall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ever tried iTunes? I'm picky and it's the only one that's ever satisfied me.

I would only use iTunes if I had a Mac and an iPod. iTunes simply doesn't work very well on PCs I think. Foobar is way better there in my opinion.

May 31, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #9 of 10
i concur. itunes never played ball with my PC. strangely though, no such probs with mac. oh look, an apple product designed for another apple product.

another +1 for foobar though (as a great generic player / encoder with all the features people need & none of the bloat that others have imposed on them).

May 31, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #10 of 10
I've been using itunes for a while and I've just found that foobar wasn't worth the effort... I realize that it's a more powerful player, but the usability suffers quite a bit and I never found a theme/system that worked satisfactorily. If anyone has any good suggestions that won't make me pull my hair out, I might switch back (it's been about a year since I bothered with it, so maybe it's gotten better?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back