Suggestions: Electronic music that' similar to Baroque organ (heavy on polyphony and harmonic progressions)
Jan 9, 2012 at 5:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

gallardo88

100+ Head-Fier
As the title suggests, I'm looking to expand my music collection to include more electronic music, since as of now it consists mainly of Classical, Jazz, Soul, and Rap/Hip Hop.

I'm a huge fan of Bach's organ works, and I especially like the harmonic progressions and polyphony he uses.
Of the very few electronic music songs/album I've heard, I found I always liked those that incorporated a lot of harmonic progressions and lots of polyphonic synthesizers.

If anyone more familiar with the genre has suggestions for music/artists/albums that have a lot of harmonic progressions and polyphony I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance!

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
Analog synths can't make polyphonies... 

Well is it not possible to use multiple synths if they're analog? I don't see why that couldn't happen, but maybe someone with more knowledge can shed some light on the matter...

And Negakinu, thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into them. I just watched Inception tonight actually!

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
of course you can play as many keyboards as your hands and skills allow you to

Makes sense, thanks. Either way though, I'm fine with music made with digital synths/not performed live. Actually, I'd probably prefer it since it allows for more complex instrumentation. I've worked with several DAW's such as Ableton and Reason and I definitely know it's possible to layer a lot of different synths, so that's proabably the type of thing I'm looking for.

Jan 10, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #7 of 9
That's Rick Wakeman live with the LSO performing Journey to the Center of the Earth, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back