suggestions and help wanted- mhc-gx99
Jan 16, 2010 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jojoarmani

Head-Fier
Hi all

i bought Sony's mhc-gx99 for their 530 watts, which were on a sale & i simply could not pass this up. Also, they have an audio-in jack on the front, which i have used with a cable to connect to the audio card on my laptop. At the time (this was last year) this seemed to be a good idea. The cable, which i bought separately, was $20 and has two male 1/8 (or is it 3/32) inch jacks. Very lame setup...

I am looking at the Nuforce and the FubarIII so that i can use the usb and totally circumvent the audio card on the motherboard. I know for a fact the sonys are getting crappy data from the DAC on the motherboard. I also wonder about the quality of using the audio in on the sony system, however, i have no technical info about it.

From the DAC, i could use the same wire to connect it with the sony system.

to illustrate that there isn't much i can do with the sonys, all they have on the front is an audio-in jack 1/8inch. I assume the amplifier within the sony system isn't too bad. There are no RCA on the back; the wires from the speakers go into the back of the amplifier by snapping them into holes.

Suggestions and recommendations are very welcome. I listen to FLACs and Foobar only and i don't know what the best thing to do should be. Any help will be greatly appreciated
atsmile.gif

Jojo

PS oh yeah-its friday night and i am on Head-fi!!

Jan 16, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #2 of 4
An extra note, the sony, apart from the audio-in jack, also has an audio-out for the phones. I use senn's hd 477, nothing too special.

UPDATE: Just remembered the KECES DA-151 USB DAC. I just bought a cable which has RCA on one end and 1/8 inch female. (I have an extra 2.1 desktop speaker i wanted to use as audio source for the dvd player. But i am going off topic...)

However, using the same kind of cable that is RCA and a 1/8 male, i could connect from the keces to the audio-in on the Sony. Using the phones-out jack on the Sony, i could use my headphones.

(hopefully there are more people here on saturdays than fridays)...

Jan 19, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #3 of 4
oh boy-tough crowd...

i wrote the same kind of post back in 2008 and got just as many replies-zero.

Any help would be appreicated.

I am thinking either the iBasso D2 or keces DA-151 DAC. I dont know if people are not feeling the Sony system as not a proper amp... ???

Jan 21, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #4 of 4
4th post!! I think i am gonna order the iBasso D2 Boa. Use it when i listen to my headphones, which should make a difference, and hopefully, should also work for the sony's

Any reasons not to?

Actually, one question: can i now circumvent using the audio card on the motherboard by using the usb connection on the Boa, or is this only for charging???

Please help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back