suggestions and comments on $1500AUD speaker choice
Mar 23, 2003 at 12:17 PM Post #46 of 62
I'm not sure about the power supply. It had a custom one, so I expect it's changed however the original supply was an older ME one (without an IEC connector). I don't know how it compares to the newer ME power supply.

No, I didn't get mine modified and don't really have plans to at the moment. Maybe in a few years when any limitations of mine are obvious in my system. A new cd player and speakers are on the list before any changes to the ME stuff...

Mar 31, 2003 at 11:23 PM Post #47 of 62
sorry to tell you this guys, i wont be going with speakers, going back to headphones. the living room sounds terrible and the music disturbs the neighbours.

do you guys think i should keep the ME240 as a headphone amp? using an adaptor from headphone to the plugs at the back of the amp?

Mar 31, 2003 at 11:43 PM Post #48 of 62
Sadly the ME240 doesnt have the power to drive headphones from the preouts like the ME14/24.

I wouldnt try it from the speaker terminals.

Aww what speakers have you tried that sounds terrible?

Mar 31, 2003 at 11:47 PM Post #49 of 62
noooooooooooooooooo! then i've gotta sell the amp then
frown.gif

none of the speakers sound terrible, it's just the room where i placed them in that makes them sound terrible, the music coming out doesn't justify the cost of the equipment.

i didn't get a listen to the legends... i only made up my mind on the issue last night. i have a tendency of being very decisive whilst being ignorant
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2003 at 3:21 AM Post #50 of 62
Listen to the Legends dam it then decide
tongue.gif

I havent heard the Legends sound bad in any room. Mine is really bad.

The ME240 doesnt do preamping with the preouts.

See if you can trade in the ME240 for a ME14
smily_headphones1.gif

If you do want to sell, put the ad in aus.hi-fi...it will sell fast.

Apr 1, 2003 at 3:43 AM Post #51 of 62
i dont think your room would be as bad as my living room. it's not carpet, one side is glass, another side is open, so there is a mismatch in soundstage. i have the speakers now in my grandma's room (shes overseas). the room is a bit small, but there is some bass now! it sounds like the music is 2d now not 3d. so yeah... the other main point is that the music would piss off the neighbours.. so headphones now hehe

any suggestions on headphones? how are the senns? i need something that is really comfortable and sounds decent
smily_headphones1.gif

not too sure what to do with the amp, may sell it or trade with ME14.. not so sure yet

Apr 1, 2003 at 5:26 AM Post #53 of 62
Bummer...for the amp I would seriously consider the ME preamps.

For headphones...ask around...too many to choose from.

I gave up. Cant match my Legends
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2003 at 8:14 AM Post #54 of 62
hey taoster if your really interested in speakers, definately email rick at equinox. he is a very nice guy, replies very promptly.

hey Ctn, have you had a listen to dedicated headphone amps? i'm most likely going to trade in the ME240 for the ME14, hopefully i wont have to play extra
biggrin.gif

my short list of headphones are sony mdr-cd3000, at w100, and beyer 880. no need to discuss in this thread!

Apr 1, 2003 at 9:02 AM Post #55 of 62
Not really, I just have a porta corda and a cmoy to compare with
smily_headphones1.gif

People says its better than what headroom has to offer.

Im happy with it not that I listen to headphones much.

I got a 590 if you want to bite
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2003 at 11:42 AM Post #58 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by becomethemould
hey taoster if your really interested in speakers, definately email rick at equinox. he is a very nice guy, replies very promptly.

did i read right(off aus.hi-fi)? rick dont believes in speaker burn-in!

it probably wont be another year before i seriously invest on some speakers :)

Apr 1, 2003 at 11:45 PM Post #59 of 62
I believe more in speaker burn in than cable burn in.

I think he gives his speakers a good work out before it arrives at your door. I know Legend does this.

Apr 4, 2003 at 3:14 PM Post #60 of 62
do you like your new speakers more than the epos m-15 floorstanding speaker? i heard them and was really impressed with them. your system looks nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back