Suggestion to tie the portable amp to iPod
Jun 9, 2007 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

ManAtWork

500+ Head-Fier
I would like to seek for the best options your folks are using to tie together the portable amp with the iPod. Any of your suggestion is much appreciated.

Jun 9, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #2 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ManAtWork /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to seek for the best options your folks are using to tie together the portable amp with the iPod. Any of your suggestion is much appreciated.

Check out ALO site. Top quality. If you are rough with portable rig, avoid silver.

Jun 9, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #3 of 23
No, I am not talking about the cable, but any band, belt or something like these.
Sorry for my unclear question.

Jun 9, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #4 of 23
Check out the person on this site with a user name of Turbo. Turbo builts high quality line out docks. I have one and they are very affordable as well. Of course if you want a high price/quality point go with the ALO units.

I have one of both. The ALO is for my iMod and the Turbo line out is for my Nano.

Jun 9, 2007 at 2:57 PM Post #5 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check out the person on this site with a user name of Turbo. Turbo builts high quality line out docks. I have one and they are very affordable as well. Of course if you want a high price/quality point go with the ALO units.

I have one of both. The ALO is for my iMod and the Turbo line out is for my Nano.

I think hes talking about velcro.

Jun 9, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #6 of 23
I find that O Rings from the local hardware store work the best, they are tough, small and do an excelent job holding my IPOD 80 gig to my Hornet. There are lots of dicsussions up here with a quick search.

Jun 9, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicAngelz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think hes talking about velcro.

Yes, I have tried velcro, but not that perfectly tight.

Jun 9, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #11 of 23
I use normal rubber bands, but I think I'm going to upgrade to o-rings soon.

Jun 9, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #12 of 23
2 words:
-veil
-crow

It actually sticks things together pretty tight if you use a big enough peice (like cover the entire back of your amp)..then press them together really hard so that it sticks good. And then leave them attached...unattaching and reattaching will cause the velcro to lose grip.

Jun 9, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #14 of 23
A fellow Head-fier was using Orings that were used in plumbing that I thought were pretty slick. It fit the amp and Ipod perfect.

Jun 9, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #15 of 23
2 solutions for less than $5.00:

- zip ties (you can get a bag of 50, or 100, or more - makes them cheap and disposable)

- double-sided velcro strips cut to length (a roll of this stuff cost me about $4.00 at Home Depot).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back