Suggestion? Sennheiser CX-300?
Oct 12, 2006 at 5:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

VietPho

New Head-Fier
New question: Which headphones would you buy?

Sennheiser CX-300 or EP-630?
What price range should I search for CX-300...? EP-630?
Where would be a safe website to buy it?

The only headphones I've own in my life was an MDR-v150
I've been researching on what headphone I should buy and it seems that the Sennheiser CX-300 is what I should get.
I am a hiphop and trance music listener.
Is the Sennheiser CX-300 right for me?
Will it give me the great bass sounds for my 60 GB video ipod (white)?

Where can I purchase the Sennheiser CX-300 for under 45$? Are there any website that offer discounts?
I am afraid of buying on ebay or amazon because I don't want to get a fake one from china.

Oct 12, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #2 of 12
The CX300 is a good set of phones and will sound good with your taste. Since Amazon raised their price
mad.gif
I'd say the best place to go would be ebay. I got mine for $32 after shipping! Just be careful that you are not getting a fake pair - look for a picture of the box and read feedback. The seller's username was rjs1630. The phones arrived in only 4 days.
Hope that helps.

Oct 12, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #4 of 12
Thos people may be right. My cord is fine now but the CX300 are not my everyday headphones. It does look sort of frail but not nearly as bad as the Sony EX71. You may want to take a look at the JVC HA-FX55 model line. Mine have lasted me for almost a year already and sound really good. They cost between 20-30 dollars. They are not very bassy, however, so it is up to your personal taste.

Oct 12, 2006 at 6:00 PM Post #5 of 12
See the thing I don't understand about mp3 players/ ipods is that why it sounds different from CD players
For example, I was listening to my cdplayer using MDR-v150 headphones and it gave decent bass and sound. But when I plugged it into my IPOD, the bass went bye bye and everything sounds flat. Why is that? If I buy new headphones for my ipod will it give strong high quality sounds?

Oct 12, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by VietPho
See the thing I don't understand about mp3 players/ ipods is that why it sounds different from CD players
For example, I was listening to my cdplayer using MDR-v150 headphones and it gave decent bass and sound. But when I plugged it into my IPOD, the bass went bye bye and everything sounds flat. Why is that? If I buy new headphones for my ipod will it give strong high quality sounds?

This problem is pretty well-known and experienced by lots of people - many have accused the iPod's headphone out of bass roll-off (where the frequency response in the bass region is much lower than in the rest of the spectrum). Conversely, the CD player you're used to using might also be guilty of increased frequency response in the bass region, leading to more emphasized bass. If you get one of the portable dock products for the iPod, you can use the line out...but if you do this, be aware that you lose your ability to control the volume using your iPod's volume control, and you'll need to buy an amp...
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 12, 2006 at 6:19 PM Post #7 of 12
If I buy the cx300 headphones for my ipod, will I recieve the nice bass and sound I am looking for?

Hmm... Now I am wondering if I should get the EP-630 instead...

What price should I be searching for on the EP-630

Oct 13, 2006 at 6:45 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by VietPho
If I buy the cx300 headphones for my ipod, will I recieve the nice bass and sound I am looking for?

Hmm... Now I am wondering if I should get the EP-630 instead...

What price should I be searching for on the EP-630

I got mine for £13 of amazon.co.uk. I'm happy. My bargain of the year!

Oct 11, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #10 of 12
I got mine for a similar price...£12.99 inc. delivery from that place with free delivery on everything
wink.gif

For the price they are great but don't expect anything amazing from them, they do sound nice with the iPod + Rockbox EQ though - bass is a bit muddy otherwise. There are 2 or 3 other active threads open asking the same question so feel free to look around the forums for other opinions.

Perhaps someone can fill me in here as my memory is a bit vaige...the CX300 is made by another company who have better Quality Control and better cabling.

Oct 11, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #11 of 12
For the price range, i think CX300 is the best for your taste, however, also check out at Atrio M5/M8 if you can go higher in price range (just a suggestion), Atrio is definitely has the best bass for IEM class and definitely more accurate than CX300 in mid and high

Users who are viewing this thread

Back