Suggestion for Forum dedicated exlusively to music
Sep 15, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #2 of 12
rec.arts.music hierarchy on usenet perhaps? My favorite is rec.arts.music.classical-recordings

See ya
Steve

Sep 15, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rec.arts.music hierarchy on usenet perhaps? My favorite is rec.arts.music.classical-recordings

See ya
Steve

Thanks!

How do you access this?

I tought Usernet was dead!

Sep 15, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #7 of 12
I love music (ilxor.com) is a much more popular board with a lot of critics contributing, doesn't use this slow vBulletin layout (although many implementations seem much better than Head-Fi, so probably more of a server issue), instead it is text-based like Audio Asylum. Kind of confusing and contentious, and mostly indie rock type music, but somewhat moves away from the list and survey based site like this and most other music discussion boards have become.

If you're into progressive music, then you are really in luck since there is Progressive Ears. Lots of others, but you really need to say what type of music you're interested in discussing.

Sep 16, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #9 of 12
Sep 16, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #10 of 12
Yep. It works for me now too. Thanks!

Sep 16, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you like metal music, check out ANUS. everybody likes to get into philosophical ramblings there too though. your account WILL be deleted for stupidity if you aren't careful.

I'm not that into metal, but I've spent about the last hour wading though this site. Wow, it's plain bizarre/genius. I need to pick up some of these albums to see what they're on about. Maybe it'll be a disappointment, but you never know...
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back