Suggestion for $70-$150 in-ears?
Jun 21, 2009 at 8:02 AM Post #17 of 21
I take it you're a basshead like me.... if so, look into the Victor FX500's. I have the Turbines too, and the Victors take everything they do to the next level. But they do it without the bass muddying any of the rest of the frequency band, have much better highs and mids, as well as soundstage. The highs can be a little shouty though, so I have a feeling that it helps to pair them with a mellower source. They go for around $130 on Bluetin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dC0m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you like bass, turbines.

Jun 21, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #18 of 21
IMO er6i are very bass shy and if you like bass, stay clear from them.

Don't ever get E2C or E3C, they are no good. I started off with E3C myself and quickly moved up the chain. I would never recommend it to someone.

You could try a pair of used UM2? It will be on the upper limit of your budget.

In regard to isolation UM2 should be on top of all universal IEMs. I'm not sure about Turbines, but they don't look very isolating to me.

Jun 22, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I take it you're a basshead like me.... if so, look into the Victor FX500's. I have the Turbines too, and the Victors take everything they do to the next level. But they do it without the bass muddying any of the rest of the frequency band, have much better highs and mids, as well as soundstage. The highs can be a little shouty though, so I have a feeling that it helps to pair them with a mellower source. They go for around $130 on Bluetin.

Hm.. I might have to try those next. For not much over the Turbines, they're worth a try.

The Turbines might not LOOK isolating but they are.. well for me...

Jun 22, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #20 of 21
FutureSonics Atrio M5. I got mine from eBay. They sell for around $180, but some sellers will accept offers. I was able to get my pair for $159 + S&H. If you like bass, they're an amazing choice.

Jun 22, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by electronicmaji /img/forum/go_quote.gif
er6i have the best mid and high range for almost any amount of money.

Easy Gus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back