Suggested Amps for Ath-Ad700s
Nov 29, 2007 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

djbob

100+ Head-Fier
Greetings from a noob,

I recently purchased, but have yet to recieve, a pair of Ad700s. I live in a rural area whose best headphones are found at Wally world, so I was unable to actually test these prior to purchase. My decision was based on research I did on various sites for their intended use.

My dilemma lies in which amp to pair this set of cans with? I would prefer a portable/desktop. I have read the threads and am still confused. My musical preferences include Acoustic, Rock, Country and some classical/orchestral. Does anyone have any specific knowledge of what amp would pair well with these?

Thanks for your help.

Nov 29, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #3 of 5
My friend own AD700,
and she doesn't have proper source (laptop onboard soundcard).

So I pair it with iBasso D1, and she extremely pleased.
Suddenly the AD700 produced better bass extension, wider soundstage, much more musical than before.

And then I pair it again, with her ipod nano (latest generation), and Corda Headsix amp - The result is much better.

FYI.

iBasso D1 = $239 USD
Corda Headsix = $165 USD

Nov 29, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #5 of 5
Don't bother with an amp then, the AD700 will do fine without one, just use it direct from the headphone jacks. You'd need to add line-out adapters to your DAPs and a USB DAC to your computer to make use of an amp, and $150 is too limiting.

You could start saving up now for an amp, line-out adapters, and a USB DAC in the meantime.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back