Suggest some IEMs under $100 please. S4 just broke :(
Aug 2, 2012 at 10:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

NejiXSan

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, my Klipsch S4 just broke after 1 year and 10 months of solid use. Have been a bit too abusive of these earphones over the past few months as I now use them mainly at night when I'm in bed with my laptop and then chuck it away after I'm done. That said, it's served me well and I've used them as earplugs when there's outside noise when I sleep countless times.

So... I'm in the market for a pair of new IEMs that'll serve similar purpose to their S4. 

My main priorities are:

Comfort
Passive Sound Isolation 
Durability
Sound 

in that order, though the better the sound the better obviously. Would be good if they had some solid bass as well but not the biggest priority. I watch a lot of shows and thrillers so I'm presuming a wider soundstage ? would be good? But yeah, no idea what I'm going to buy right now so just throw any suggestions and I'll have a look at them :) Otherwise, I'll just buy another pair of S4 lol. Thanks!

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #4 of 5
I will recommend you going for the Nocs NS400. The housing is made of titanium and it is small! So its light and very comfortable. Since they are IEM, there is a definite degree of sound isolation. durability wise could be an issue. though the housing is made of titanium, the cabling itself does not seem that durable (NOCS said its reinforced with kevlar though...) Sound is absolutely brilliant! i dare say its a more balanced version of the s4; i have loaned it from my friend before and the treble was just too harsh. The NOCS has it all, strong powerful bass but well balanced with the mids and treble, absolutely no bleeding into the midrange! soundstage is just fine for my hearing; its better than my previous pair which was a pair of dunu hephaes.

Best of all, its $99 if IIRC

Aug 3, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #5 of 5
Anyone else? Etymotics a bit out of my budget.

Also have a look at the Etymotic MC5.

They can be had for about 50 bucks.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back