Suggest some headphones for me please
Jun 19, 2010 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

TennisForte

New Head-Fier
Hi, guys, I'm new to Head-fi and audio beyond computer/tv speakers so I apologize if I butcher this.

All right, I'm looking for some headphones as the title implies. I would like something that blocks out as much noise as possible (I believe these types of headphones are noise isolating?) but I don't want noise canceling because I really don't want to have to deal with batteries. Also, I'd really like headphones that make a tight fit around my head, I mean like I could reach down and touch my feet without the headphones slipping off. Mainly, I want something that I can have around my ear and study with when I head off to college next. As for my budget, I'd say I'm willing to spend around 150 dollars so anything around that range would probably be good. Thanks guys!

Jun 20, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #4 of 20
The M50 is supposed to clamp (your head) fairly tight at first but then loosens up after some use. I got mine used; on my head they slip a bit when I tilt my head backwards but forwards they seem fine. Your mileage may vary.

Jun 20, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #7 of 20

Quote:
M50 or SRH440 :)

Agree on the M50. Seems to match your needs. The Shures might be too heavy and slip off when you "...reach down and touch [your] feet". Could break a toe.
wink_face.gif

Jun 20, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #8 of 20

Quote:
Agree on the M50. Seems to match your needs. The Shures might be too heavy and slip off when you "...reach down and touch [your] feet". Could break a toe.
wink_face.gif

lol, I was just using that as a way of testing how tight the headphones are, it does sound stupid that's for sure tho, Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Jan 15, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #12 of 20
Jan 15, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #13 of 20
until he hears some hd 650s...

Jan 15, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #14 of 20

Hey man,

I saw that 7 months ago you were interested in a pair of RE0s...I got a pair of Re0s as a gift, but I already bought myself a pair of Beats so I don't really have a need for them so I'm looking to unload them if you're still interested hit me up

^ a message I got from the thread-starter

Jan 15, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #15 of 20

Quote:
until he hears some hd 650s...

He has questionable taste in music to begin with.  I think he simply enjoys that awful bass-thump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back