Suggest some electronic pop
Jan 20, 2005 at 4:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

jjcapurro

500+ Head-Fier
A kinda guilty pleasure for me is ultra-trendy high-energy electronica... Like Darude's 'Sandstorm' and Paul Oakenfold's 'Ready Steady Go'... You know the ones. Crank 'em in the car until someone sees you and it's straight for the dial. So anyway, suggest some electro-pop singles for me to put together a compolation.

Jan 20, 2005 at 4:49 AM Post #2 of 15
Hmmm....

Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode.

Chorus by Erasure.

Bizarre Love Triangle, Club Mix by New Order.

Always on my Mind by the Pet Shop Boys.

Secret - 12" Mix by OMD.

Jan 20, 2005 at 3:34 PM Post #4 of 15
hmmm... thanks for the suggestions but I think maybe i was't clear enough. Although Depeche Mode is a personal favorite, I'm not looking for 80's new wave or high profile bands with poppy songs... 'Dance club phenomenon' is more the direction I'm looking for. Darude was huge in like 99 with Sandstorm and it's fully electronic... poppy-trance? I dunno. Any more suggestions?

If it helps, a couple more I thought of were:

Eiffel 65 - Blue
Avelanches - Frontier Psychologist
Robert Miles - Children

Jan 20, 2005 at 3:47 PM Post #5 of 15
You could try "Barthezz". The track On the Move was quite popular some time ago and goes very much into the direction of Sandstorm. In fact, this song still has enough energy to move the masses in a club nowadays. Infected was also a good poppy electronic song by him. In addition to that, there was a coopereation track called Played-A-Move by "Barthezz" and a band named "Safri Duo". It's a live track where their songs On the Move and Played Alive (The Bongo Song) are sort of mixed into each other. Great track.

Although, it's not electronic pop, there is some electronic jazz with catchy melody lines, which might also appeal to you. Bugge Wesseltoft's album "Moving" would be one extraordinary example for electronic jazz.

Jan 22, 2005 at 3:27 PM Post #7 of 15
Have you checked out Ministry of Sound's 2005 The Annual ? I own it, and there are a bunch of good tracks on there that I think meet your criteria:
Armand van Helden "MyMyMy"
Deepest Blue "Give it Away"
Eric Prydz "Call On Me"
Kontakt "Sweet Dreams"

and so on.

Jan 22, 2005 at 6:25 PM Post #8 of 15
kinda like europop eh?

What you'd like

Heroes - Dj tiesto
Adagio for strings - Dj tiesto
Weapons of mass distortion - Crystal method
Teardrop - Massive Attack

Artists: Dj tiesto, crystal method, chemical brothers, massive attack

Jan 22, 2005 at 7:24 PM Post #9 of 15
Propellerheads!

Jan 23, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #12 of 15
Seconding propellerheads... not exactly techno/electronica but its fricking awsome..

Jan 24, 2005 at 9:36 PM Post #14 of 15
Well if you're wanting something really cheesy and fun you can always try a group called 'Dirty Vegas' (a song of theirs was in one of the Mitsubishi commercials)

Some other overtly cheesy/fun stuff:

anything by Cosmic Gate (Komodo or Fire Wire would be good starts)
anything by Ferry Corsten/System F (Rock Your Body, It's Time, Out of the Blue, etc)
Benny Benassi - Satisfaction
Antiloop - Autoload

Jan 24, 2005 at 10:47 PM Post #15 of 15
The Polyphonic spree

i just bought both of their albums today... "the begginning stages of..." and "together were heavy"
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back