Suggest me the most bassIEST and punchIEST headphone ever please...
May 11, 2009 at 1:01 PM Post #46 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by ablacklist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have Grado sr80

Does tape modding fit into your budget?
icon10.gif

May 11, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #49 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, it isn't. Apparently you have never heard them, or you wouldn't be able to say that.

Something to consider, intoart: There are these things called opinions. They're subjective. Apparently you have never heard of them, or you wouldn't be able to say that.

May 12, 2009 at 12:01 PM Post #50 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggranak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Something to consider, intoart: There are these things called opinions. They're subjective. Apparently you have never heard of them, or you wouldn't be able to say that.

I saw no "IMO" used in Rex81's post either. Merely the outright lie that the DT770s are overrated.

May 12, 2009 at 12:50 PM Post #51 of 73
go into best buy and listen to beats by dr dre on the rap or r&b setting HAHA i hate rap, but it was the most bass i have *ever* heard in a headphone. or you can get those ridiculous looking sony chair cushion ones.

personally, d1001 is a lot more realistic. and i found it very detailed across the board, which is a plus.

May 12, 2009 at 12:57 PM Post #52 of 73
Quote:

I saw no "IMO" used in Rex81's post either. Merely the outright lie that the DT770s are overrated.

I could point to countless posts of yours where you didn't put IMO in. Its ridiculous to expect that everyone ventilating their opinions should use 'IMO' in every sentence.

May 12, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #53 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could point to countless posts of yours where you didn't put IMO in. Its ridiculous to expect that everyone ventilating their opinions should use 'IMO' in every sentence.

No more ridiculous than Ogg chiding me for precisely the same omission, as though my response were subject to different rules than the post I was responding to!

May 12, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #54 of 73
popcorn.gif

Anyway, that one guy that bough the Q40s, are you going to be using any kind of amp? Even the smallest of amps (Fiio) will greatly help out the basses. The Q40s also become much better after burn-in (100-250 hours worth), so keep that in mind if you listen to them straight out of the box.

May 12, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #56 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
popcorn.gif

Anyway, that one guy that bough the Q40s, are you going to be using any kind of amp? Even the smallest of amps (Fiio) will greatly help out the basses. The Q40s also become much better after burn-in (100-250 hours worth), so keep that in mind if you listen to them straight out of the box.

Me? I use integrated amps, which make the Sennheiser HD650 sound nice enough and have plenty of power to spare. I tried a White Noise Audio Mk II dedicated amp with the HD650 but the maximum volume was too quiet for me, seemingly the only way to adjust the gain would be to swap out a few transistors, but I simply sold it on instead.

Might be a while before I find that I'll need a dedicated amp such as the Fiio you mention...I was supposed to receive the headphones today but the courier thought they'd attempt delivery to some other unknown address instead...

May 12, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #57 of 73
Quote:

No more ridiculous than Ogg chiding me for precisely the same omission, as though my response were subject to different rules than the post I was responding to!

Not to prolonge this futile discussion, but this wasn't meant to be offensive to you in any way. Its just that "Apparently you have never heard them, or you wouldn't be able to say that." doesn't really sound like an opinion, but I agree with you that it is a way of you expressing your opinion and it should be interpreted as such. Again this is not some 'attack' on you in any way, I just think its ridiculous to expect everyone to say 'imo' all the time on a internet forum.

May 13, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #58 of 73
how about ATH-M50 with a good amp? I've never had any headphones but i heard this one has clear punchy bass (like Q40) but improved much more if amped. But u can get Q40 much cheaper in US of coz. I'm content with the bass on the atrios, I don't think threre is any headphone that can beat atrios bass. Is there?

May 13, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #59 of 73
Quote:

No, it isn't. Apparently you have never heard them, or you wouldn't be able to say that.

He has the DT770 under his sig, so he has heard them. Disagreement's one thing, but calling anyone whose opinion doesn't match yours liars crosses the line.

May 13, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #60 of 73
Quote:

The DT770 is overrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back