Suggest me a great music player with fantastic SQ and good battery life.
May 14, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:
In a nut shell, rockbox replaces the stock ipod firmware to play music in almost any format (mp3, flac, etc) and toss out the annoying iTune. It renders the ipod basically a portable hard drive so you can drag and drop to load your music files and/or non-music files. There are more with the rockbox (e.g. EQ's).

It's my understanding there is no officially stable version of RB for the ipod classic's.

ok thanks. i dont use the eq settings on my ipod anyway, if i want to use it, ill use it on my amp but i usually dont even touch that, just setting it on flat. and about the formats, that will be nice because i always have to convert my flac files to apple lossless. and how about higher bitrates and higher sampling rates? i have like 5 songs that are in 24 bit 96 kHz and my ipod wont support that, will rockbox make my ipod capable of holding these 5 songs?

May 14, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

ok thanks. i dont use the eq settings on my ipod anyway, if i want to use it, ill use it on my amp but i usually dont even touch that, just setting it on flat. and about the formats, that will be nice because i always have to convert my flac files to apple lossless. and how about higher bitrates and higher sampling rates? i have like 5 songs that are in 24 bit 96 kHz and my ipod wont support that, will rockbox make my ipod capable of holding these 5 songs?

Yes the rockbox plays 24bit/96 kHz. Rockbox rocks!
wink_face.gif

May 14, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Yes the rockbox plays 24bit/96 kHz. Rockbox rocks!
wink_face.gif

It plays it but I am pretty sure it downsamples it to play it.

May 14, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #20 of 23
Hmm I didn't know the rockbox is cheating. Well at least it still plays the 24/96 and better than freezing the dap like the J3 does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back