Suggest free music for testing audio please
Mar 14, 2006 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

StevieDvd

Headphoneus Supremus
It's easy to sit down at home and load you favourite CD or digital music tracks when you want to audition new equipment, but if trying to recommend to others you cannot guaranteee they will have your favourite tracks to play for comparison.

I know there have been lists of tracks or CDs to use when auditioning but don't recall a list of tracks which anyone can legally download so we all have the exact same tunes (same format etc) as a comparison.

Anyone know of a legal site where we could obtain these from and suggest and specific tracks.

I would think we'd need some mix of genres and artists to get a fair coverage.

Thinking hats on!!!

Steve

Mar 14, 2006 at 4:33 PM Post #3 of 5
Those tracks are from a commercial CD I believe so would be ruled out from being free.

Thanks anyway.

Steve

Mar 15, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #4 of 5
That link was great!

The tracks are mp3's, ripped with EAC at 320kbs. They can be converted to audio CD format and still sound great. It is not 1 commercial CD, but the original posters selections of various tracks to judge specific qualities of the equipment you are testing.

They are free, not sure about the legal part
eek.gif

Looks like it is legit. Here is the link to the source of the music (I believe)
http://www.chesky.com/Radio/body_listen.cfm

Mar 15, 2006 at 4:33 AM Post #5 of 5
Actually, I later found they were part of a Hi-Fi test CD from Chesky records. I'm hoping to buy it soon though. Chesky is a cool record company, and has a number of other awesome test discs available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back