Suggest a new amp for my Ovation 565s.
Aug 25, 2013 at 9:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JMelvin

New Head-Fier
Many moons ago (I think it was 2000) I purchased the 565s on impulse at a time when I needed some headphones. While travelling, I walked into Cambridge Soundworks to see/hear what they were selling and when I put these on, I was stunned by the sound. Needless to say I walked out with them. Only after arriving home did I read some pretty good reviews of my nice new headphones. I happily used them for the few months I needed them and since that time they were relegated to storage. Back then I was into home theater and was using a Marantz SR8000 to drive the 565s. The receiver is long gone, replaced by my current 2-channel rig. So as life takes another turn I'm interested in resurrecting the 565s, thus the need for an amp.

I will be using my Bifrost DAC so I'm leaning toward one of the Schiit amps (synergy perhaps?). Honestly though, my knowledge of all things headphones is zilch and I could use some advice. I would like to make sure my purchase will be compatible not only with the 565s, but also future replacements if need be. I would like to stay below $500 if possible. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #2 of 2
Well, I've done quite a bit of reading (before and after posting this) in hope of answering my own question but there is so much to wade through it's almost daunting. I was hoping for someone to chime in here but .. oh well. Thanks anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back