Suggest a modest upgrade for AKG Y50 headphones?
Nov 10, 2015 at 11:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

tyrannyoforder

New Head-Fier
My AKG Y50 headphones are less than 5 months old and the uPVC leather headband is beginning to peel away to reveal the foam.  I'm disappointed, considering this is similar to what happened to the AKG 451s I owned, only with those it was the uPVC on the earpads.

My seller has offered me a full refund including free return postage, and I'm thinking of taking advantage of that to upgrade the headphones.  Would like discreet, foldable, over-ear headphones with balanced sound and good noise isolation, suitable for commuting.  An in-line remote would be nice but isn't crucial.  Looking to spend £75 in total.

I could get a set of AT M50X for that, but the reviews do seem to mention the bass a lot, not something I care for.  Is it really that overwhelming?  I own the Superlux HD668B for home listening, and I love their detail and neutrality, but they're too bulky for commuting, and hardly block sound at all.

For use with FLAC-encoded CDs on a Sony Xperia Z3C and/or a Fiio E17K.  Broad range of music, but atm mostly Tori Amos, ambient chill, jazz, Nick Drake etc.

Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back